Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Guests in for a "Suite" experience at Banyan Bay

From the Magnum Belize Newsletter...

It's called The Villas at Banyan Bay, and guests who stay there are assured of a suite experience. Located on the island of Ambergris Caye,about a 15-minute walk south along the beach from the town of San Pedro, Banyan Bay is an all-suite tropical luxury hotel, along the beachfront at Mar De Tumbo beach, one of the nicest beaches on the island.

All suites are fully furnished with two bedrooms and two baths, a completely equipped full kitchen, and living and dining area. The master bath in each villa features a jacuzzi tub and shower, cable TV, phone, and air conditioning. Each suite, with plenty of space at over 1,000 square feet, also features a large front veranda with beach view.

"We're enjoying a lot of success with our suites, which are very popular with families and couples traveling together," says Resort Director Bill Bellamy.

Banyan Bay features the renowned Rico's Bar & Grill, which serves indoor/outdoor dining on the beach, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Rooms ervice and poolside service is also available. Banyan Bay has an on-site dive shop, and golf cart rentals are available for guests. Golf carts are a prime means of transportation in and around San Pedro, home to about 8,000 San Pedranos with gift shops, restaurants, street vendors and the ever-present beach bars. The roads on the island are sand-except for a stone-paved section at the airport.

The menu of activities that Banyan Bay can offer are varied: You can snorkel or dive the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere. You can go fish the flats, the reef or the deep sea. Take a tour of Maya sites or tropical rainforests. Or take a siesta in a hammock under the coconut trees.

Here's what one guest from Minneapolis had to say about Banyan Bay: "Great diving and fishing. Our friends won't believe our fish stories when we get back. Best trip was snorkeling at Hol Chan with the sharks and rays. If we didn't take photos, no one would believe us."

Banyan Bay recently expanded its lobby, as well as the tropical landscaping around its pool area. The new 8,500 sq. ft. lobby and office building features a circular brick-paved entry drive and covered portico, all marble floors and a Mayan fountain in the lobby that compliments the 28-foot hardwood ceiling. That's just the start of major expansion plans: Also in the works, says Bellamy, are six new buildings that will feature 68 one-bedroom junior suites and a new swimming pool adjacent to the existing hotel property.

Yes, I can attest to all that was said. I just got back and stayed at Banyan Bay's suites. Wow, I could live there. they rake their beaches and you can even snorkel off the beach in one area. A mini reef seemed to have formed around a bunch of rocks planted there and all kinds of interesting sea life can be found there. The rooms are absolutely positively spectacular. I would stay there again.

I would love to stay there......

CHA CHING, CHA CHING!

We just reurned from a stay at Banyan Bay too. Headquarters was one of the beach front suites that actually had 3 bdrms and 3 bths. Lots of mahogony. Very woody. Service was friendly and excellent. Rico's serves a good rum punch too. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.