Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Piatro Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Would one of you people 'in the know' (SEAWINGS!)please take a minute and update me on the Basil Jones area. I am interested in purchasing up there but am concerned about the Basil Jones Resort fiasco and I can only get bits and pieces from the message boards. My specific questions:

Q1: Are the Basil Jones Neighborhood properties shown in a map on belizebreeze.com the same as the BJResort? I'm thinking not...

Q2: Basil Jones is a generally a strip of land several miles long and not just a single development correct?

Q3: If these properties are the same as the Timeshare fiasco BJResort, has the title of the land been sorted out yet?

Q4: What else should one know about the Basil Jones properties currently listed (Lots 6,7, 10) on the Southwind listings site? Any owner info one should be aware of?

thx for your time and any input anyone has on this topic!

cheers, Piatro

P
Piatro Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I have found a 'CabanaReef' Owners group on Yahoo that is apparently the group of unfortunates that were taken by some fellow named 'Adam'. Reading between the lines on this it might be the Triton listing that is up for sale. Best of luck to this group.

So, any other news on the Basil Jones Neighborhood at belizebreeze.com?

thx P

Basil Jones is the name of an area that is quite large. It contains many smaller tracts of land. When you purchase a lot, have a title search (on that particular parcel) done by an attorney.

And as I recall there's another (also not operational) little resort at Basil Jones called Basil Jones Something, can't recall what.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Hi Lan - I think you are referring to "Basil Jones Beach Club" - which is a bit north of the once and famous time-share project. Fred Roth did this subdivision of land long ago and developed it naturally and slowly. Not a rip-off. Also not agressively marketed. Fred's cool.

Piatro,
Sorry, but just saw your post on Basil Jones.The area you are asking about and the area that Southwind has listed is a bit north of the defunked Basil Jones Resort.The property for sale listed by Southwind is a couple of hundred yards north.Beautiful up there.No structures on the land listed.I know most of the owners of the land listed.Lot 10 has more palm trees on it than 6,7 and 11.
If you want my e-mail address let me know.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.