Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Kate Offline OP
OP Offline
K
There are many people still stranded in Belize City because Continental will not send additional planes. Tropic air flew a lot of us off the island on Tuesday and Wednesday only to be stranded in Belize City because there were no planes. Continental is concerned only about money and not people. They do not want to send empty planes from Houston. we were lucky to have contacted people in the states who got us confirmed on yesterday's flight. We met a pilot from Continental who could not even get himself out. Hopefully he got out today. We personally know of at least 20 people with tickets on COntinental that bought tickets on Taca or American because Continental would not take them out. Everyone and anyone should contact Continental and put pressure on them to send additional planes. The people of Belize do not need the stranded tourists further taxing their limited resources. The stranded tourists have been through a great ordeal and need to get home.

J
JB Offline
J
I assume the reason you want Continental pressured instead of American and Taca is because that's who your tickets are with. You may think you've been through an ordeal, but it's nothing compared to what the residents have gone through, and theirs is really just beginning. Do you think Continental has a bunch of extra planes just in case some spoiled tourists get inconvenienced somewher. Suck it in and tough it out - you'll be home before long. Maybe you could even do somthing to help.

K
Kate Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We only hoped that Continental would do what Taca and American were doing, which was attempting to accommodate anyone that needed to get out. Yes, we did go through an ordeal and in no way did I mean to imply that we were worse off than the people we left behind in San Pedro. This is not a time for bad feelings or insults - we are only trying to help anyone that has been affected by this. It is difficult to convey my feelings in a few sentences. We saw the devastation and feel that if the tourists are evacuated then there will be more food and water for the residents who cannot leave and the relief workers also. If you think that anyone who lived through this feels any hint of selfishness then I am very sorry for you. We ARE trying to help.

L
L
I am a student at St. Matthew's University. I just arrived back in the states yesterday, only because I had my family make a reservation on American Airlines for me. As of yesterday Continental airlines did not have any available seats until Friday. Anyone that has family members left in Belize City needs to make arrangements stateside for them to be able to leave the island. It is complete choas at the international airport.
When we were being evacuated from San Pedro, I felt awful for leaving the people of the island, but I was completely helpless. I only have one month of medical school, which does not even include basic first aide. I also had a family in the states that was terrified for my safety. Not to mention the fact that for every American that left , a Belizian left. It wasn't only the American students and tourists that left the island.
To all concerned family members: The students are okay. The students pulled together to make it through. We were scared and wet, but we survived.keep your prayers with them and they will be home soon. Also pray for the people of San Pedro they have lost everything.

K
K
Have a look at this posting... //ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum2/HTML/001417.html

J
JB Offline
J
So let me get this straight. Taca and American are sending additional planes but Continental is not. Is this what you are saying?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Simmer down people! <g> Everyone is tired,stressed,hungry and in partial shock...IMHO!
There is another post here that says Continental Airlines are supposed to be providing planes,extra seating,etc. starting today,to get people from Belize to Houston. Your post Kate, sounds like they are not following thru. I hope that is not the case.
Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Peace! June

M
max Offline
M
Pressure should be put on ALL airlines to provide assistance.

H
H
Hi Kate,

This is your neighbor at the Palms. We are glad to hear that you guys made it home safe. Don't let this JB get to you, some people just think they know everything. Gino and Mary made it to Houston okay too. I think the people at Continental was giving them some trouble regarding their connecting flight though. I'm not sure of the outcome because we had to go catch our flight.

If you see this message, send me an email at [email protected].

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.