Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I have heard rumblings that some parents and friends are not happy in some way with how St. Matthews handled the storm.

Just so you know, I was in constant contact with the school the entire time. I do their website anyway, and as soon as they found out anything, they told me and we put it up.

they did me a lot of good with communications. let me assure you they were bustin their butts 24-7 the entire time. they are as weary as all of us.

Everybody is an expert when it comes to Monday morning quarterbacking, but these are all very good people who have been working VERY DAMN HARD for your loved ones, and if you don't recognize that you need to.

And they have NO IDEA I am writing this.

Marty

K
K
two thumbs up for that one!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi Marty, Just the fact that the students are safe means a lot. He phoned from Belize City to assure me he was okay. I'm quite sure the St. Matthews administration cared a great deal. What can one do when nature's fury reminds us of just how fragile life truly is.
Again MANY, MANY THANKS TO YOU THROUGH THIS ORDEAL. My prayers go out to the people who are still in need.
Demetrois (Dee) Louis' Mom.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Dee-
makin moms happy is one of the prime goals of this operation.

gut wrenching to have ones children in such a situation, be dang proud of em.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
marty i appreciate your msgs on this board but as a student who was there and i'm sure 90% of the students would agree with me. the school did very little to help the students out. the situation at the belize city airport was beyond chaos with no smu officials in sight.the school disappointed mt big time.how can i trust a school in helping me become a doctor when i couldnt trust them when our lives were on the line.

C
C
Speaking as a health care proffesional, all of the students may look back and see this as a very valuable educational experience. I was incharge of a 6 floor 60 bed unit when tornados ripped through a small town in the U.S. and nothing in schoo prepared me for what I had to do. I have been so impressed with most of the postings, and looked at this board hourly because there was no other news in the U.S. Believe me..Belize is where I look forward to spending my tourist dollars

J
JB Offline
J
Marty,
That does it. I'm not sending my kid to smu. Not that I don't think the school isin't great, but I wouldn't want her exposed to these whiners. These students were the first off the island, put in a nice hotel, and first to be flown home. Now we hear whining about how nobody was at the airport to hold their hands.

A shame that these strong, fit young people didn't stay to help deal with the aftermath of Keith. Manpower is much needed.

Wendy,
I agree. They are learning to be doctors for heavens sake!!! That means being concerned for the human condition!! They would have ALL had varying levels of medical expertise that could have been very helpful to MANY injured people. For them to run like that when they were most needed, didn't impress me much. Maybe they need to choose a different profession....... As doctor's, how could we trust them when our lives were on the line. It works both ways.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 10-06-2000).]

B
B
I have to agree with everyone here. These students are acting like they were singled out to be mistreated. Was the staff at SMU supposed to be psychic and predict this was going to be a BAD storm and thereby remove the students before it hit? I don't think that staff and administrators at most medical schools consider themselves babysitters. It sounds as if that was what was expected. Everyone from there is safe and sound...much better off than the residents of San Pedro, so quit the whining. I hope if they ever have to deal with another disaster situation they will hold up better than this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.