Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73457 09/11/03 07:22 PM
OP Offline
We were on AC from Aug. 26 - Sept. 1. Had a fantastic time. We stayed at Mata Rocks, and I HIGHLY recommend this place. I loved it's small size and very friendly atmosphere. The bar was so much fun, and everyone who was staying there was awesome. We made some great friends! The Mata Colada and Pink Squirrels are really excellent fru fru drinks. Erika, the hotel manager, was top notch!

Food:
Caliente: EXCELLENT dinner. Bad lunch.
Stained Glass Pub: Best place we ate, hands down. Yummy!
Capricorn: Very nice, such a great, romantic setting. Food was very good. Biggest crab legs I've ever seen in my life.
Sweet Basil: VERY VERY good. Nice change of pace.
Hot dogs at Mata Rocks: very good!
Pepperoni's pizza (delivered): Very good! Just like home if you are craving good ole American junk food (and we were).
Jambel Jerk: Very good and a great value.
Estel's breakfast: YUM! Great Johnny Cakes.

We went to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley with Searious (Jeffrey, I believe), and that was an excellent trip. Had so much fun! The sharks freaked me out, so I wasn't in the water long. The boys loved it, though.

We played pool at some "interesting" establishments one night. I swear one place was a brothel. I can't remember where it was or what it was called. A little scary, though.

We rented a golf cart for a day. That was a blast even though our battery ran out three times on us (thanks, Monchos). We went all the way up to Journey's End and then walked up to SunDiver where we got married and visited the scene of the crime. It looked the same and brought back good memories.

We met Paisano. Man, he's got some interesting stories (if you can understand him -- it took all 4 of us to piece everything together). He's got a mind like a steel trap (either that or a really good imagination).

And that's about it! Lots of relaxing by the pool/ocean, reading, biking, drinking Belikins and various other libations, napping, etc.

It was our first trip away from our baby (almost 1 year old), and we just wanted my mom (who was babysitting) to bring her to us in AC so we didn't have to leave!

We'll be back!

OH! And how could I forget! We met up with Rick at Coconut's the first night we were there. My brother told me to go say "HI" for him because they used to work together (small world, eh?). Rick is such a great guy and had such a wealth of knowledge about the island for us to absorb. Thanks, Rick!

#73458 09/11/03 08:48 PM
JSF Offline
Great trip report! We are going to AC for the first time in November and staying at Mata Rocks.
Nice to hear how highly you recommend it.
Our kids (5!!) keep asking if we are going to come back.....hmmmmmmm....... laugh

#73459 09/17/03 07:52 PM
OP Offline
Holy cow! 5 kids!!?? You are a brave, brave soul. I'm thinking one is enough for me.

You will LOVE Mata Rocks. It was the perfect place to stay. My husband, who is VERY picky, said he'd like to go back and stay there again (and he never wants to go to/stay at the same place twice).

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.