Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#73624 09/16/03 09:07 AM
OP Offline
Here's some info on a tour of Belize in October by Emory King, who was shipwrecked in Belize 50 years ago and never left.

I have no relationship with Emory except that we share a taste in hats, and I admire his writing. Emory's tour isn't cheap, but likely it would provide you with enough anecdotes and stories to last you several years.

--Lan Sluder

>>See Belize With Emory King

For many years Emory King has made a tour of all the major roads in Belize and many of the minor ones as he compiled his annual Driver's Guide to Beautiful Belize.

This year he will take passengers with him--and a licensed tour guide.

But the jokes, comments and history of Belize as explained by Emory King will be the highlight of the tour.

The show begins on October 15th at 8 a.m. from the Radisson Fort George Hotel and ends back at the Radisson on the 20th.

Day 1. Leave the hotel in an air-conditioned van or bus depending on how many passengers join the tour. We go north through Orange Walk District to the Corozal District and to the border at Consejo. There will be a short tour of Corozal Town, lunch and then off to the New River where we will take a boat to the wonderful Maya Ruins at Lamania. We will overnight at the exotic Lamanai Outpost Lodge.

Day 2. Back down the river and on to the capital city of Belmopan with lunch on the way at Boom Village and a trip to the Belize Zoo. At Belmopan we may meet some dignitaries. We may not. We will press on to San Ignacio if time permits or we will stay the night at Belmopan.

Day 3. Regardless of where we spent the night, we will be in San Ignacio in the morning. A trip to the Maya Ruins of Xunantunich, a visit to Succotz Village and Benque Viejo is next. Lunch somewhere exciting and =
then to Hidden Valley Falls (if the road is okay)in the Mountain Pine Ridge. By dinner time we will be at Francis Ford Coppola's Blancaneaux Lodge where we will stay the night.

Day 4. Out of the mountains and down the Hummingbird Highway to Dangriga Town on the Caribbean Sea. Lunch at the Pelican Beach Motel where we will meet some outstanding Garifuna people. Then off to Placencia, again on the Caribbean where you can swim, sunbathe, snorkle, pub crawl or whatever. There is a brand new resort called Zeboz and if they have room we will stay there. Otherwise we will try Francis Ford Coppola's newest resort, Turtle Inn.

Day 5. A long ride to Punta Gorda Town, 12 feet above sea-level on the Caribbean. P.G., as stangers call it, is a quaint, picturesque town about 180 years old. We will eat, sightsee and talk to the people and stay the night at one of the hotels.

Day 6. Return to Belize City, lunch at Cheers on the way, and back to the Radisson Fort Geroge Hotel in the middle of the afternoon.

The cost is $200 US per day per person for transportation and hotel accommodations. Food and drinks are for your own account.

We have three passengers signed up already. Let us know ASAP. E-mail king @btl.net or call 50l-22-77-453 or 501-610-1798.

See you next month.

Cheers,

Emory

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I like Emory and I cannot believe this but I am actually contemplating doing this trip -thanks Lan

OP Offline
Peter and Emory on the same trip?! ?! I'd love to be a botfly on the wall for that one!

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I was knocked backwards completely out of a golf cart by a botfly north of the cut. The fly was traveling at least 100 mph when it hit me in the forehead. That's all I remember.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
E
E
Are you sure it was not a Belikin bottle ? Or a bar stool ?

this would really be a hoot, esp if Pedro were to go too...what say Lan, ya up for it?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
The risk of taking a full frontal hit from a speeding botfly isn't worth it.

Here's a picture of my encounter.
[Linked Image]

LOL, "consider again Pedro1".

Let's all go, taking with us Paisano, Moose and Bill.

Dare To Deviate
Well Dog that is some gross picture. I always thought you were a female. Don't know why guess it was that pretty eye.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
While breasts do have a visual edge over prostates, studies have shown that testosterone, which makes men into manlier men, also makes men prone to engage in riskier behavior than females do and more susceptible to accidents. What man in his right mind would give up torture, starvation, and hard labor to sit in an easy chair in suburbia flipping through Cosmo and watching in horror as men are forced to parade around in tight pants on cable TV?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.