Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#73638 09/16/03 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We are planning a trip to Belize for Next March-April.

We were wondering a few things, We hope you can help.

Where is that "hole" in the reef that you see in every photo? What is it? does it have a name?

Where to stay on Ambergris Caye? (Not AI) What is the best deal (Nice but not too $$$)

Is there any helicopter tours of Belize?
Are the people friendly? (We are used to Arubans)
Is the water/food safe?

Chris B,

The "hole" in the reef is the Blue Hole and is one of the 3 biggest coral atolls in the world. A must for many divers and snorkelers alike.

Ambergris Caye has many very affordable places starting from $114.00/nt for 2 people. If you would like addl info on lodging you can contact me at 800-447-2931 and ask for Lynn.

To my knowledge there is no helicopter tour, but Tropic has an air tour that goes over the Blue Hole.

The people are some of the friendliest I have ever met(and I have been to Aruba). In comparison to that country you do not have the big hotels and motels, but rather small intimate little properties. Really a wonderful experience with wonderful people.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
And the water/food?

S
S
Water and food are quite safe. Very affordable great local food at many places. We really enjoyed Aruba also and people in San Pedro are just as friendly. Recommend you check out Caribbean Villas - small resort with lots of land/beach and great amenities for the price; ask for discount from posted web prices if you book directly. Also, they don't accept commissions from tour companies or guides, so you get objective recommendations and bookings for excursions and in some cases, cheaper prices. Happy first trip...

Chris -my suggestions would be to read up on Belize and then ask questions which are pertinent to your needs,wants etc.

Magnum
For your info the blue hole (where I nearly drowned at 135ft)is in one of the four atolls in the Carribbean-there are many larger atolls mainly situated in the pacific.
There are hotels available from 12.5usd per night-going right through the range of 1600usd per night.
Helicopter tours are available exclusively for officers of the British Army! Tropic and Maya both do fly-overs.
You can contact me for reservations on this board

The Blue Hole is a couple hours by boat from San Pedro. Looks great from the air, but from the water it just looks like open ocean. cool

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
For the best $ value lodging, I recommend Sunbreeze Hotel, around $100-$120/night, clean, roomy, fresh water pool, bar, rinse shower, foot baths, ice machine, air conditioning, wonderful ocean view and a restaurant $$, on site. They provide bottled water in the pitcher. Sometimes the tap water has an odor, but we have not had a problem from drinking it.
For diving, BottomTime Divers, around $40 for a two tank dive. Rudy Duran is my favorite divemaster there. They have rental gear, if needed. They only take small groups and have very good boats with canopies.
For economical food, Ruby's, Celi's Deli, Tropic Take Out (breakfast & lunch only) across from the air strip, and Erika's at the street vendors location near Central Park, across from the Church. All of these are very inexpensive and good. Everyplace we have eaten has been good food, only some are more expensive.
As far as the friendly people are concerned, You will NEVER, EVER meet nicer or friendlier people. The people are the main reason we return to San Pedro as often as we can. We came for the diving and stayed for the people and the view.

FYI, Pedro does not need to be at 135ft in the Blue Hole to nearly drown. I have seen him do it many times in his bar.

The Blue Hole is located in Lighthouse Reef atoll. The Hole itself is a collapsed cavern rather than an atoll.

Pedro, have you figured out if you owe me 50 bucks Belize yet for that field goal bet?

boy i'm laughing a lot tonight reading the board....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.