Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
wart Offline OP
OP Offline
W
What a place!! Just got in from a week in San Pedro w/ my wife, mother and father-in-law. I was under the watchful care of Ada for the entire week. She did a wonderful job. We stayed at the Perla Escondida which is brand new and open for business. Beautiful two bedroom, two bath condos that are absolutely great inside and out.

We did some things that not many people on this board mention including many, many trips to the bakery. They make a flat sugary cookie that we couldn't get enough of. Also ate pineapple and mangoes til I was tired.

Jack Embry, the builder of Perla Escondida ( my wife's uncle), and his beautiful wife Barbara, were our host for the trip. If you go to the Perla, tell Jack, Roy sent ya. They took us from one end of the island to the other. They also fed us lobster, fish and shrimp til we couldn't eat anymore.

Went snorkeling with Hustlers Tours and had a guide named Guillemo Valdez, (I think), Ada can tell you for sure, who was the greatest. I am not a strong swimmer and he watched me like a hawk all the way from Hol Chan to Shark Ray Alley.

Ate breakfast at Papi's Diner several times, had great fish and chips at Capt. Morgan's, had some wonderful food from the street vendors, great omelet at Lili's. Also had a week of good golf carts from Cars-r-Us. Ran all day each day w/out problems.

Wonderful, life changing experience for an Okie farm boy. It will take months to get this smile off my face.

V
V
Where is Perla Escondida ... is it one unit or several? Don't remember seeing it when we were there in May ... how do rates compare to others?

wart did you fish any ???? capt jeff was hoping you would hook some huge fish ???you sound like you had a ok time ..good for you . myself and a bunch of great folks on this board and love san pedro ... and you sound liked your hooked ,good for you ... next time lets fish together I am there each month .live the dream ,enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
Have any of the Perla Escondida units sold yet?

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
W
wart Offline OP
OP Offline
W
The Perla Escondida is about a mile south of town right next to Coconuts. I think Jack said three units have sold. http://www.escape2belize.com/perlaescondida/ This website tells the rates. What I think is neat is that they are two bedroom w/ 2 bath and u can get four people in a room for $165. They rented a bunch later in the year for a fishing tourney. You need to stop in and look at this place. Jack has been building houses in Colorado for 40 years and these are nice.
Capt. Jeff, I got on island time before I could catch many fish. My Okie, bank wading, bass fishin techniques didn't work too well. I hooked a very large snook in the lagoon the first morning but after a long fight, he broke my line. Saw his several times..big fish. I waded down south about a mile from Victoria. Saw a bunch of bonefish but couldn't catch them. Spooked em every time

V
V
Are the bedrooms both the same, or is one bigger than the other? Also, is the pool inside a courtyard or can you see the ocean from the pool?

wart tis better to have fished and lost then never fished at all ??? next trip come with me you will get the real deal ,on hanging some big ones ..live the dream enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
hi wart...

i'll just bet that fishing bass down there is nothing like up here! we've ended our season here and caught a record (for us) exactly 3 pound smallmouth our last day...then stopped by to see the bass club tourney weigh-in...and jaw dropping 5 pounder that took the prize! still...a 3 pounder is a nice catch for us novice fishers!

wonder what the sea bass look like...imagine that's a whole new set of techniques you'll have to learn!

i really hope to get out for a few hours when we go and experience ocean fishing for the first time...

glad you had such a great trip...

B
B
Just returned from a 10 day trip at Caribe Island yesterday. Ada gave us a tour at Perla and the rooms are pretty large and very nice. The prices seemed extremey afforable (at least to us). The pool is in a courtyard and you can not see the sea from it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.