Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I'm planning to visit AC with a friend in January/February timeframe. We have both been to AC before and have decided to try SunBreeze this time. We figure that the value and location (especially its proximity BC's) is just perfect! We won't get lost on our way home. wink

We are down to picking the room. We want a balcony (I understand they've added them), a fridge in the room, preferably one of the new rooms, two beds and a good view. Can anyone tell us specifically what rooms are better/worse before we lock it in?

I'm sure we'll be happy no matter what, but I figure we can at least see if the experts on this board have any last advise.

Belize... here we come... again! laugh

I've stayed on the first floor and the second floor in their basic rooms. Liked both. They will rent you a small refrigerator, for any room.

Email Sunbreeze they will tell you the best room, they do have at least two deluxe rooms.

Dare To Deviate
OP Offline
Thanks! I've e-mailed them, and just also wanted an impartial opinion. I'm glad you clarified that they will rent a fridge for any room. That may help us make a decision.

Every little bit of info helps!

K
K
I'm curious to know how they "added" balconies.

OP Offline
I think the proper term that I had read was "veranda." I hope I got that right now. wink Can anyone set me straight?

All I really care about is that there is a place outside my room with a chair where I can plop myself down with a cold drink and either read, chat or take in the scenery. My needs are simple.

They always had a balcony running around the second floor and patio/walkway on the first floor. What they did was add partitions so each room has a more private section of it.

K
K
It's been quite a while since I stayed at Sunbreeze (pre-pool), but as I recall, the upstairs walkway was the only way to access the 2nd floor rooms. If they partitioned the walkway, how would you get to your room without walking through someone elses private section? Did they add more stairs to the 2nd floor? Just curious.

The partitions don't go all the way to the edge of the balcony. Still a walkway around the edge.

OP Offline
Barbara, That definitely answered my question on the veranda/balcony topic. Thanks!

In your opinion, is 1st floor (for access) better than second floor(for view)? I don't care about the jacuzzi tub, so I'm leaning toward the standard room with a fridge rental.

I expect we'll have this booked by early next week, so I'll soon be able to put a countdown for the days until paradise! I think I'm looking at 98 days from today! AAhhhh....

Again... thanks for the input!

They are about the same. More privacy on the second floor and better views. The first floor is open to the courtyard so basically everyone walking by would be able to see you on your "verandah," although there is some foliage in the courtyard. If that is a concern to you, request second floor. Rooms are the same, all recently refurbished. There are 5 deluxe rooms on the north side of the bldg, 2 upstairs, 3 downstairs. Basically the only difference is the jacuzzi tub and the 2 end deluxe rooms have a 2 sided balcony area. I think I have a photo from my last trip in April. I will look for it and post it (if I can! Of course you may not be able to see it even if I do post it! wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.