Re: ebay vacation purchase at Costa Maya Resort #74881
01/03/04 10:00 AM
01/03/04 10:00 AM
Missouri
S
sammy17 Offline

sammy17  Offline
S
Does anyone know how I might get in touch with the owner of Costa Maya? e-mail address?? Thanks!

Re: ebay vacation purchase at Costa Maya Resort #74882
01/03/04 10:37 AM
01/03/04 10:37 AM
Rockport, Maine
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
5th post, this thread.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Re: ebay vacation purchase at Costa Maya Resort #74883
01/03/04 12:42 PM
01/03/04 12:42 PM
6 Miles North, Ambergris Caye
C
Costa Maya Offline

Costa Maya  Offline
C
Costa Maya Reef Resort can be reached via email or by telephone. This info is listed on the resort's website.

Just to let y'all know, Costa Maya has discontinued the program with River Float Sales for reasons other than listed within this thread. Although, they still may have a small amount of room night inventory, which we will honor.

Those that have purchased this package have enjoyed a nice stay in Belize and usually have to remind our sales staff that they are due for a presentation.

Have a good time in this wonderful country and remember while in Belize, don't sweat the small stuff.

Chris

Cool runnins mon.........

Chris Burkey
Costa Maya Reef Resort

"Where tranquility meets adventure"
Re: ebay vacation purchase at Costa Maya Resort #74884
01/03/04 02:22 PM
01/03/04 02:22 PM
Missouri
S
sammy17 Offline

sammy17  Offline
S
There are still items for sale by this person on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2214822638&category=3255

Thought you might want to know.

Re: ebay vacation purchase at Costa Maya Resort #74885
01/04/04 03:28 AM
01/04/04 03:28 AM
bogalusa, LA USA
kerry Offline
kerry  Offline
sammy17...i went onto this "river float's" feedback....all seemed positive except for his dealings with travel....most of his "positive feedback" seemed like purchases (which he made) from other dealers, and the negative seemed to come from his selling things....glad you brought it up....but, i do believe, that this was a dealer on e-bay's negligence, other than the resorts....sorry you had trouble....before you buy anything on e-bay, it's a good idea to read other's feedback on the seller....hope everything turns out ok for you....kerry

Re: ebay vacation purchase at Costa Maya Resort #74886
01/04/04 12:26 PM
01/04/04 12:26 PM
South Texas
Chloe Offline
Chloe  Offline
This topic proves how this message board should work, giving aheads up on good things and notices to not so good things, for all that visits and lives on Ambergris.

Dare To Deviate
Re: ebay vacation purchase at Costa Maya Resort #74887
01/04/04 06:31 PM
01/04/04 06:31 PM
Santiago, Chile
petsin Offline

petsin  Offline
Knowing a bit about the Timeshare business (I personally bought in two places and have travelled a lot on exchanges) I was curious about this posting. I agree that the seller was trying to hide the nature of the offer. I also learned that positive feedback is not enough on eBay!!! You have to see what the person has really bought or sold: most purchases of Riverfloat were just dollar worth transactions offering Positive Feedback! So, you can invest 10 bucks just to buy 10 or more positive feedback votes.. so be aware next time you buy on eBay.

In any case, I have some experience on the timeshare presentations and have saved a lot of money by just spending one or two hours listening to those guys... most of the time, you get a good deal (as this one looks too!) As somebody said here, don't be scared by presentations, you can always say no, and one or two hours of your time could mean a few hundred dollars savings... laugh

Re: ebay vacation purchase at Costa Maya Resort #74888
01/05/04 12:12 AM
01/05/04 12:12 AM
Missouri
S
sammy17 Offline

sammy17  Offline
S
I agree, my boyfriend won't go though. We already have other arrangements. I just wish he would have been up front, just like Costa Maya is on their web site! I received a nice message from the owner of Costa Maya and he confirmed that this person will no longer be selling time share vacations at his resort. Anyhow, I will deal with this and it will have no impact on my trip! I can't wait to get to Belize!!

Re: ebay vacation purchase at Costa Maya Resort #74889
01/09/04 01:00 AM
01/09/04 01:00 AM
Missouri
S
sammy17 Offline

sammy17  Offline
S
On 1/3/04, Costa Maya stated that they had discontinued the ebay auctions. On 1/6 a stay at Costa Maya was posted and it is still for sale. I sent a message to the owner, but have not heard a response yet...

Re: ebay vacation purchase at Costa Maya Resort #74890
01/09/04 09:04 AM
01/09/04 09:04 AM
Rockport, Maine
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
Sammy, I believe if you read the post on 1/3 again, it states.... " Costa Maya has discontinued the program with River Float Sales for reasons other than listed within this thread. Although, they still may have a small amount of room night inventory, which we will honor"

Cut some slack. :p

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do
Specials & Events
Calendar
SPTB Calendar of Events

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We handle all aspects of the purchase of your Real Estate in Belize. From in depth property searches to your final closing.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 85 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics77,638
Posts496,491
Members20,197
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.