Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Chris Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, what an absolutely superb morning of fishing with Cap'n Jeff, Pedro (minus Charlie), and Beecho (the very expert guide with able assistant). Photos at http://community.webshots.com/album/96147456DKQSnp?602 .

Jeff and Pedro, I am truly, truly sorry that I caught as many fish as I did. Please reconsider your desision to put me on the "lowest priority pond scum" waiting list for my next trip. I don't want to wait until 2006.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'M DISGUSTED ...TOTALLY DISGUSTED

Chris, why do you keep the reef fish? Are they good to eat? I have heard they aren't really. I just wondered. confused

Chris Offline OP
OP Offline
Badco, I was a guest on a fishing trip. It wasn't my decision to keep or not keep the fish you see. All I can tell you is that all of the fish you see in the pix. are good eating, none are wasted. We caught and released a lot of fish and we caught and kept a lot too. It happens every day many times a day on Ambergris Caye. Last time I went fishing in a boat off the island was about 23 years ago with my new father in law. Please allow me an indulgence now and then.

Moose, before you start your anti-establishment, sanctimonious "I'm a good environmentalist and you shouldn't be allowed to catch food fish" crap, think about the tens of thousands of acres of perfectly good tropical forests that were slashed and burnt so that a certain crop could be grown that you are so fond of puffing.

Now, Moose, don't get me wrong, I DON'T CARE that you smoke what you smoke, no matter how screwed up it makes you. So long as you don't rob anyone to get it, go for it.

But! Leave the rest of us alone with OUR vices. 23 years between fishing trips is hardly a case of the World Wildlife Fund meets Armageddon.

laugh
lol yeppers!
So glad to hear the fishin trip went well Chris, DANG I wish I was there!
I was a wonderin where Capt Jeff was...
I'm sure a BUNCH of people ate well!!!
P.S. to Badco, I think you may be thinking of a particular type of REEF fish, barraucda maybe?

Edit by Hope because Barrauda it eaten by many locals of ALL Islands (Hawaii too) and I didn't look at the pics before I wrote. wink

P.S. We ate some too not knowing a few times... really tasty!

OOPS

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
CHRIS ....I DONT SMOKE BELIZE WEED ....IT SUCKS

''sanctimonious''....GEEEESZZZZZZZZ.....
AND OH YEAH I GOT LOTS TO REPLY...[BUT WONT]
THERS NO USE IN TRYING TO SAVE THE PLANNET AT THIS POINT.....GO AHEAD KILL ALL YU CAN

[Linked Image]

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
wow...that's quite the assortment of fish! a bit different from the smallmouth bass we're used to up here!

is that a nurse shark? are there any fish that are illegal to catch?

Chris, no worries, no need to feel defensive. I just wondered, never knew reef fish were eaten, that's all.
And to Denverdan, although bloody, barracuda is alright eating.
Didn't mean to get anyone's underwear in a twist.

My husband would be so jealous, and I'm thrilled that you catch and release a lot of your catch. That shows me a tremendous amount of responsibility despite what others may think. Many don't......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.