Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#75722 11/06/03 12:07 PM
hacker Offline OP
OP Offline
hey....

I need a little info on snorkeling the rim of the blue hole. Not gonna be diving it, but REALLY want to see it and snorkel the rim.
Do we have to go with the dive boats or is there a snorkeling trip we can get into?
any info would be great!

chill the Belikin!
21 days and counting!!!!
hacker

yes, go with a dive boat, its great snorkeling. highly recommended..

Hacker, I've done the trip through Amigos del Mar & they stopped at several other spots as well as the Blue Hole. Had a great time & the stop called Aquarium was wonderful, a great snorkel and dive trip. You'll really enjoy it.

G
G
I've snorkeled the Blue Hole 3 times while out on the Offshore Express (which does an overnight trip). It's fantastic! As you snorkel around the edge, it's like looking at a field of wildflowers with all the different colors and shapes, only it's coral. Look off the other direction and you can see the sand slope off into the pitch black of the hole itself. Shiver...and then look how far away the boat is (they stop at the entrance to the Blue Hole) and realize you either have to swim back going over the blackness or continue to snorkel back or all the way around. It's a snorkel trip that always gives me an adrenalin rush cuz it's just a tiny wee bit scarey and that's a feeling that I find hard to experience snorkeling!

hacker Offline OP
OP Offline
hey....

Thanks for the info on the snorkin. Its gotta be a great feeling to do the blue hole just with the major depth dif. I know the wife aint getting out of the boat. Im gonna!
and....
remember to look for the Tie Dye.
Govikes , we're gonna be at jambels, turkey day night....
Gotta be there dude!
Cuervo time!
hacker

F
F
hacker.. am looking for snorkeling info on the blue hole as well, not going till Feb tho. Who you please post when you return on how you did. I am concerned as I read a couple of posts where the snorkelers just get dumped off in places while the dive boat takes off with the divers elswhere. Off course the blue hole itself everyone would be together, but the other spots on that trip.

G
G
ummmmmm, hacker.......the person who will be looking for you on turkey day evening will have long messy blonde hair and WILL be wearing Viking purple (over HER bikini)! laugh eek laugh :p smile

hacker Offline OP
OP Offline
hey....

FRY69....
I think your right, I heard the same thing how the dive boats dump snorks and split... N.G. on this end! so... It looks like we're gonna be looking for a local to do the trip. There's prob gonna be a bunch of us going, and I'm sure they dont want to be dumped either.... Will keep you posted....
Govikes.....
Ooopsie ( dude?)....
ya better be there, (jambel's) start getting used to the Cuervo shots and Margaritas.
Badco....
Thanks for the info....
Gotta do the trip to the blue hole. It's gotta be great, and real freaky.

Flo's....
Where is ya....
hacker

heyyyyyyy Hacker----how you gonna go snorkeling with jose---thought he was alergic to water---woooowooooooo

papa flo

Ambergris Divers has a "snorkel only" boat that I've seen out at Halfmoon Caye. That made me think that they must have snorkel trips going out to the Atolls. Maybe they do the Blue Hole too? If that is what you are looking for, you should check into it with them.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.