Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Jay L. Offline OP
OP Offline
J
When we stayed on Jamaica, we hired a cook and maid for a few days. We told her what we wanted for dinners, gave her money, and she shopped, prepared and served, and cleaned up for us.

Is that available on Ambergris Caye?

About how much would it cost (not including the actual supplies, of course)?

Thanks!
-Jay

jay I think there are people that will do that ,but there are great restaurants on san pedro the prices are,cheap compared to the states .a wide vartiy of cuisine.why be stuck with a unknown cook ,and chance not geting the best of the best .. great food on a vacation ,sets the pace on much how fun you have .I go once a month to sanpedro and dinning around is so wonderful. ask the board for recommendations they all have some favorites here are some of mine el divino ,taste of tailand ,jade garden ,capricorn
elvi"s kitchen, blue water grill. le bistro at portofinos all great for dinner !!!!!!,estelles a must for breakfeast ,sweet basil for lunch ..hope I helped, this is just my opinion , what ever you do you will have have fun ..... live the dream enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
L
L
Where are you staying on the island? Some of the private home rentals provide maid/cook service when you stay there. It probably is not impossible but difficult to find someone you would be happy with for short term. Most maids get in the vicinity of $40/$50 bz a day.

R.B. Mernitz
J
Jay L. Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We're staying at Xanadu. I'll ask our hosts also.

Capt Jeff, I appreciate your advice. The same was true on Jamaica. We like the idea, for two or three of our seven days on AC, of simply relaxing at home at dinner and being served.

Thanks!
-Jay

You can certainly find someone to do that, but one difference between Jamaica and San Pedro is that San Pedro doesn't have the large mass of unemployed folks that most areas of Jamaica have. By Caribbean Basin or Central American standards, San Pedro (unlike some other parts of Belize) is prosperous and Sanpedranos make comparatively high wages.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
We like the idea, for two or three of our seven days on AC, of simply relaxing at home at dinner and being served.
are you Jay Leno? wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.