Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#76838 12/03/03 12:20 AM
JSF Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, we got back from our first trip last month and we are already planning a trip back but this time we are going to take the kids. ALL 5 OF THEM!!! I was looking into the 2 bedroom suites at Ramons. Any other suggestions? I like Ramons because of the beach and the snorkling off their pier. Anyone gone to Ambergris with a litter wink our size? THANKS!!!

Take a look at the two bedroom unit at the Palms. It's right next door to Ramon's. I believe it is larger, better value, same beach, same snorkelling pier.

Did you consider Banyan Bay or Caribe Island?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
JSF,
Please do consider Caribe Island. We have 1-3 bedrooms, with kitchenettes, and have lots of new additions! New bikes (adult and children), water toys (including 2 water trampolines, paddleboats, kayaks, etc). Our new restaurant is open now too. And, our newest addition, a golf cart with a tram for regular guest transportation into town. All complimentary amenities.
You can email me directly with any questions.
[email protected]
Cheerz,
Vicki

JSF Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Vicki!! I checked out your website and you have a BEAUTIFUL place!!! Hopefully you'll see us by next year!!! laugh

J
J
Xanadu also has one or two three bedroom three bathroom suites. We stayed at Xanadu a couple of weeks ago and found the property to be very nice, quiet, with excellent owners and managers and helpers.

It's about a 20 to 30 minute walk south down the beach from San Pedro town depending on where exactly in town you want to go, or a short cab ride. It has no bar and no restaurant and is a small place, so if you want active nightlife for the kids, it may not be for you. If you want a great quiet safe place for the family, close enough to walk to town, it's wonderful.

-Jay

If you don't stay in town, try Journey's End Villas they are North by Capt Morgan's and a great Thai resturant and winery Rendeveuos.... 3 bedrooms, etc... I isnt that cheap but great for familys ...

"Can't wait to come back to Belize"
I do love The Palms....and also Banyan Bay if you want a more family atmosphere & larger property with restaurant, but Banyan is further from town & The Palms is walking distance.

Everyones choices are good....hopefully we haven't given you too many to pick from & confused you smile

R
R
Funny you should mention that about Xanadu, Jay. I spoke with them when they had 1 unit standing about their plans. Very impressive. I offered to run a restaurant/bar there if they would sub it out to me. The condition was something like: close at 10pm and no loud music.

Hence, I still live in NY.

Uh huh. Yep. That was me.
Agreed on Caribe Isle, Vicki. We stayed there over Thanksgiving and it was great! Beautiful suites, nice beach, cool restaurant right on the water. The only drawback for us was that it's a little far from town. Next year we're going to stay in town for a few days, get our party on, and then come to Caribe Isle for the last few relaxing days of our trip.

Thanks!
Henry Flo

AC is a great place to take the kids--if they enjoy a good time. My [much] better half and I went alone the first time and decided they'd love it. We were right.

Stayed at Banana Beach the first time and really enjoyed it--great staff, nice rooms, a good location south of town (nice and quiet).

When we went back, we thought we'd stay with BB again but took my sister-in-law's family along with us and the kids and they just couldn't fit our occupancy needs. We got in contact with Xanadu and opted to stay there.

Same thing--great place, great people and we really enjoyed it. Both resorts have (freshwater) pools and they're very well maintained. I'd happily send friends either way.

In fact, we'll be back with our whole family and our youth pastor (he's getting his open water cert before we go) in March for Spring Break. We may be filming Kids Gone Wild.<G>

BB has added big rooms to their place and we'll be in a 4 bdrm/4 bath oceanfront and are looking forward to it. We did eat at their "new" (to us) restaurant last year and truly enjoyed it. It's hard to beat "valet parking" for your golf cart.<G>

My only complaint about Xanadu has been voiced on this board; their loft rooms are not nearly private enough, if you need privacy. Great place, great people, great structures. Nice, open pool area and some very quality, helpful staff you'll come to know and love immediately.

To complain about BB, I'd only say the pool(s) are in the courtyard and have limited exposure to the beach. But, of course, the beaches are not what most "beach bums" expect. BB has a nice spot with open exposure, chaise lounges and a bar next door they work through at the hotel (I think it still works that way). Xanandu's beach is less developed but they were building a seawall while we were there and I expect they'll have very comparable sunning facilities if they don't already.

We looked at Banyan Bay and I'd stay there in a heartbeat as well. Nice place, nice rooms, excellent pool setup. Without the kids, we might go to Victoria House and even considered renting JJW's house next door, Casa Gonzo. Great people there, based on my conversations with them. No pool, but I get the impression you could easily make a deal with Victoria so the kids could swim.

Windy, no?<G>

Great place, could really do without the cruise ship invasion but, hey, paradise only goes so far.

Actually, just stay home and don't tell anyone about AC. That should work out just fine.<G>

Yep, we dive. Love it and the kids had a blast with the fine folks at Amigos Del Mar. We even had a DCS incident and got exposed to the local (thank God) chamber. Good people, nice setup, quality gear, boats, etc.

Looking forward to March and another good bunch of times.

* I Go Pogo *
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.