Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#7727 10/05/00 07:26 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
It's Laurel and Ed. We're fine and in Canada. I thought you would like to post the following on your message board.
Aaron Locke fine and in good spirits.
Ian and Barb Coull and Kay Scott fine. Ian And Barb rebuilding, lost part of house and one dog.
Everyone who stayed at Laguna Gardens are fine.
Niesje and Tex Province haven't seen in person but heard were OK.
Sean Keating Ok and boat too. Lost porch.
Elaine and Carter at Hideaway fine. Hotel lost some of roof.
Tim Budd and family fine and at Laguna Gardens.
Royal Palms, Victoria house fine and generators running.
Banana Beach, Palms and Island Supermarket in good shape.
Playador Benn is just fine.
Pam Smith had ticket for Houston today, saw her in Belize city. She's OK.
Wil Lala OK. Mr Paz's big green house OK. Little Damage.
Woody and Helen fine, some damage to Hotel and Cabana.
Bruce in Rio Dulce with Marsha and Freddie Waite. Char and bar fine. Don't know about Ernie but Char didn't say anything so assume he is. Also Canadian Bobby and family staying with her.
Belize City was in good shape yesterday but ther was some talk on the radoi about closing the Haulover Bridge as the river was still rising. Lamanai was cut off by water, Crookes Tree was getting boat evacuation. Email me here if there's anything I can tell you. Most of the back side, San Pedrito and San Pablo supposed to be gone. Didn't see it myself but Taff did. He and family are all fine. The medical students left on Tues for Belize City and were at the airport yesterdfay trying to get flights. There were 2 US military helicopters there. A big Royal cargo plane was unloading lots of stuff, don't know what. As far as we know the only loss of life we heard of was Kay on the boat. One male was brought in unconcious and one still missing as of yesterday. People were busy cleaning up when we left. Laurel

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-05-2000).]

#7728 10/05/00 07:27 PM
woo hoo! that message will make so many people happy. wow.

#7729 10/05/00 07:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
My parents are Niesje and Tex Province. We haven't heard from them yet but have had several confirmations that they are OK. Thank you for including them. It definitely makes their 7 children feel much better. Just wish we would get a phone call. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

#7730 10/05/00 09:03 PM
M
M
Thank you Laurel for the news on my dad and Barb. We are all happy to hear they made it through, but are saddened by the loss of Bridgette. HOpefully all the pet lovers can take a minute to remember her, she was a wonderful little goofball of a dog, and I for one am going to have a little cry on her behalf.

#7731 10/05/00 09:22 PM
K
K
I'm crying right along with you Melissa. I loved that little sweetie. She slept with me when your mom and dad were in Canada in January. So sorry your mom and dad have been thru so much in the last few years, but they are troupers and will make it fine.
Kathy

#7732 10/06/00 12:39 PM
The good news is great, the bad news is terrible. San Pedrito is where most of the hard workin folk live. They build and/or re-build buildings. Little is being addressed about San Pedrito. Is there a way I can get hold of Taff. I've got more than passing interest in San Pedrito.

Gone fishing!!
#7733 10/06/00 12:41 PM
The good news is great, the bad news is terrible. San Pedrito is where most of the hard workin folk live. They build and/or re-build buildings. Little is being addressed about San Pedrito. Is there a way I can get hold of Taff. I've got more than passing interest in San Pedrito. PS. [email protected] PSS. Thanks for da post!

Gone fishing!!
#7734 10/06/00 12:44 PM
J
J
Bill....I can't imagine the place without the PeptoBismol walls. If I can help in any way, please let me know. Tears.

#7735 10/08/00 04:59 AM
J
J
^

#7736 10/08/00 10:00 AM
R
R
Hi Maralyn here...my son Shanti went out to the island on Thursday to retrieve his 9 month pregnant wife who is safe and now here with me.. Rebecca and Elito and family are fine.. I hear no damage to house or their boats..thank god, Wolf and Markee of Tradewinds paradis looked fine I heard. That's all to report for now.. They need fresh bread out there according to son Robbie. I'm planning a trip out Wednesday..my sister arrives from Houston today with lots of stuff for folks out there. Anyone that needs a break from the island I have 2 beds in spare room and come get a break.. Love Maralyn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.