Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hey,

Future spring break trip - 2 families will be traveling to AC - 4 adults and 1 teen... we love to stay in out of the way rental homes - oceanfront... a pier would be a plus.

I've been looking at a few 2-3 BR rental homes on the island... and am a little confused. I'm not at all familiar with the layout of the land... looking at a map at this point doesn't tell me much.

Is is foolish to stay north of town, having to pass through the cut... will we get a golf cart up to our rental? We are also considering the Palm House... I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who's stayed there... it looks great!

Is one area no. or so. better than another for travel in and out of town, fishing, snorkeling??
Our guys will want a rod in their hands most of the time, what area would work best for shore fishing off a pier?

I've read much great info on this forum... just found it today... thanks. cool

Lisa

mona lisa ,north or south is a personal choice.I like south because it is near every thing ,but again you got to make that decision based on your likes and needs ,but as far as the fishing part I go down once a month to fish ,read my fishing reports each month ,any way fishing from the pier is some times good, some times no good ,it all depends on the dock or pier you pick , the further the pier is away from shore the better,lots of rocks or coral the better but agin hit or miss.. not to many fish in the grass ...there are lots bone fish and cuda in the very shallow flats but hard to catch ..but some people do enjoy pier or dock fishing ..most anglers go out with a guide to the reef and catch lots of fish .!!!!!!!the prices for half a day or full day are cheap compared to the states go to website fishingsanpedro.com click on the pitcures ...lots of action on the reef but you need a boat and guide .any way good luck to you .. you will love sanpedro north or south lots of fun, live the dream and enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
M
M
Mona Lisa,

My wife and I stayed at the Agape House North of the cut two years ago. We really enjoyed it. I caught several different types of snapper and a few cudas off of the dock. Also, Palapa Bar is two lots away...very convenient. The only drawback that we found was the inconvenience of going back and forth into town. However, it is a pleasant bike ride if you rent bikes. You really need to ask yourself a question. Do I want to lay out, drink, fish and snorkel all day or do I want to shop and wander around town? Either way you will enjoy your stay in AC. We are going down there in May with around 20 people. Good luck and have a great time.

Michael Lee

OP Offline
Thanks CaptJeff & Michael Lee,

We definitely want a more quiet laid back area for our rental home. Agape house is right up our alley. Michael, were you able to get a golf cart up to the house?... how long to town... we love to bike... so if the cart isn't an option, we'll bike it.

Did Agape have a pool?... Chilling out is in order!

CaptJeff, have read many of your posts re. fishing, and they are most helpful. I'm sure that we will be taking a boat out at least for a day, or 2, or 3 wink
but I know the boys will want to play around shore as well. If you know of any "hot" spots, please share.

Again thanks.

Lisa

Palapa Bar has boats coming and going all day and night.
Getting to town or back is not a problem.
Jim cool

Jim
e mail me like two weeks before you go .also I will share with you what tackel and were to fish from shore !!! but first pick out a plce you are going to stay ....also if your go to do a boat trip or two check out fishingsanpedro.com capt bicho is my guy he is wonderful see posts from loyal fans any way who ever you pick to be you capt .book the boat far in advance the better gudes get booked up first ,,you folks are in for a real treat..live the dream and get ready to enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
Check out El Pescadopr Villas - north of town in a really pretty stretch of beach. Close enough to town to be convenient, but far away enough to be quiet and private. 2 minute walk to Capricorn for fine food, neat bike-ride to Sweet Basil for sophisticated brunch, and easy access to Palapa bar for brews in thatch splendor. Pauly's pizza is good an very nearby. Custom fishing packages, Under Da Sea custom diving etc right next door.

K
K
Hi Mona Lisa! I stayed at Casa Tortuga which is about 2 1/2 miles south of SP. It is a 5 bedroom villa which may be too large for your group. It was a fabulous vacation!!! It comes complete with a cook, pool, and pier. Maria serves three meals a day plus appetizers and cocktails. I cannot say enough good things about her. Tour operators pick you up at your pier so you really don't have to leave if you don't want to.

Amen to that. Maria is something else, as is Casa Tortuga. we call it the palace in my house.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.