Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D

If you want to catch some mosquitos, a net is the way to go.
Seriously, if you mean for sleeping purposes, only if you are sleeping in the open away from the breeze, or in a place without screens or AC. Never had a problem and never saw a net. Never really had a problem with any bugs in any of the places we've been. If you plan to go somewhere off the beach in the foliage, mosquito spray is a good thing to have. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Originally posted by doc_sandy:
Hotel Del Rio near the cut north of San Pedro has their own mosquito nets in there cabanas. It appears that the mosquitos are thick in the August cunicula, or maggar season.

Mel Sinderman
B
B
february will be my first time and this board is one of the best i've been to for advice, so here goes. i've read that the belize beer and local rum are excellent and the price is right. i'm not a big beer drinker and rum gives me hangovers, my preference is a good martini. should i bring my own gin/vodka or can i get a good quality in ac? and how are the prices? in stores and in bars? again any help is really appreciated.

D
OP Offline
D
Bill b - You onoy need bring your own booze if:

You plan on sleeping under a mosquito net !

Try posting as a new topic wink

S.

B
B
i donno. i thought it fit into the 'do i need to bring' category pretty nicely. but i could be wrong.

I was never a big beer drinker either, two bottles and I was about as full of fluid as I could hold. Our first trip to AC my plan was to pick up a bottle of vodka at the duty free in Dallas (vodka martinis being my drink) and just bring along a jar of vermouth soaked olives. Worked fine, except the vodka cost me more than it would have if I had bought it at home. After getting a taste of Belikin, and finding my capacity had improved greatly, I only had a few drinks out of the vodka. The second trip, I just brought along the olives, figuring I could pick up the vodka at the grocery store for a few extra bucks (would have been about 5 bucks more, but I was willing to pay that to cut down on the luggage). Never did buy that bottle, just stuck with Belikin. Third trip, didn't even bother with the olives. Next trip in 30 days, not worrying about anything except the first frosty Belikin bottle in my hand. cool

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 285 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.