Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
petsin Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I have been reading a lot this forum since the last few days and now would like to ask for some help.

I will come to San Pedro for one week with my two teenager daughters on Feb. 28th (Saturday) from Cozumel. After reading lots of useful info. found searching the forums, I have the following plan:

-Take the ferry Cozumel to Playa at 8AM
-Catch the 9:15Am bus from Playa to Chetumal
-Arrive at around 1:30/2pm and cross to Corozal by bus (or taxi if we are very late)
-Take the Water Taxi to San Pedro at 3PM or take the 3:30pm flight.

I would prefer the flight but I am concerned about our luggage: we will have a total of 4 medium suitcases, with a total weight around 160 pounds/75Kg which is OK with most big airlines, but me be too much for those small planes.

The other problem is that I just got an email from Thunderbolts Travels saying that the departure at 3Pm is from San Pedro to Corozal and not the other way around. Corozal to San Pedro is listed at 7Am. So I guess no ferry to board at that time.

One option is to take the 3:30Pm flight from Tropic Air at $35 each if they can carry our luggage without having to pay extra.

The other option is to go to Belize City directly from Chetumal taking a bus, and try to catch the last Water Taxi at 4.30pm, but I am not sure if we can make it departing Chetumal at 2PM on the "premier" bus.

So, I really could use some advice here. Any idea of how the airlines do with the luggage? (their web page does not say anything) Or, is it realistic to come down to Belize City to catch the 4.30 water taxi?

We need to get to San Pedro on one day as I don't want to pay another hotel (the weeks in Cozumel and San Pedro are already booked and paid).

Many thanks for your help and Happy New Year 2004! smile smile

Peter (from Santiago, Chile)

hey petsin...u r right about the times on the thunderbolt...leaves corozal to san pedro at 7 am...took tropic air from san pedro to corozal, and was traveling solo...had 1 carry on bag, 1 suitcase weighing in at around 50 lbs, another at 40 lbs, and one more weighing in around 20 lbs....with 4 people paying the air fare, there shouldn't be any problem....by the way it's a 15 minunte flight....have a wonderful time!!! kerry

R
R
Originally posted by petsin:
Hello,

I have been reading a lot this forum since the last few days and now would like to ask for some help.

I will come to San Pedro for one week with my two teenager daughters on Feb. 28th (Saturday) from Cozumel. After reading lots of useful info. found searching the forums, I have the following plan:

-Arrive at around 1:30/2pm and cross to Corozal by bus (or taxi if we are very late)

I would prefer the flight but I am concerned about our luggage: we will have a total of 4 medium suitcases, with a total weight around 160 pounds/75Kg which is OK with most big airlines, but me be too much for those small planes.

The other problem is that I just got an email from Thunderbolts Travels saying that the departure at 3Pm is from San Pedro to Corozal and not the other way around. Corozal to San Pedro is listed at 7Am. So I guess no ferry to board at that time.

One option is to take the 3:30Pm flight from Tropic Air at $35 each if they can carry our luggage without having to pay extra.

The other option is to go to Belize City directly from Chetumal taking a bus, and try to catch the last Water Taxi at 4.30pm, but I am not sure if we can make it departing Chetumal at 2PM on the "premier" bus.

So, I really could use some advice here. Any idea of how the airlines do with the luggage? (their web page does not say anything) Or, is it realistic to come down to Belize City to catch the 4.30 water taxi?

We need to get to San Pedro on one day as I don't want to pay another hotel (the weeks in Cozumel and San Pedro are already booked and paid).

R
R
Originally posted by petsin:
Hello,

Peter,
Call me at 2456136 in Santiago or e-mail at [email protected] for some more info.

Roger Kelley

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.