Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tofino Offline OP
OP Offline
T
We're coming to Ambergris Caye in early March after spending almost two weeks in Belize, and will be running out of money. Can anyone recommend Rubie's. We're not fancy, but we are two middle-aged women and just want clean and safe. Also, can one enjoy a swimming pool when not staying at the resorts? In my travels to the tropics, I've often bought a drink at the bar and just sat down at the pool and before you know it, I'm in the water. Can I do this on Ambergris Caye? Or shouldn't I even ask the question, remembering that it's easier to ask forgiveness than get permission. wink

Thanks so much.

Tofino

tofino
Every resort/hotel with a pool does not want non-guests to use their pool.
My advice to you would be to stay at a hotel with a pool.

Tofino, ditto the above. I could recommend rubie's as well as conch shell and Lily's. Both are just north of rubie's. You can easily swim off of Ramon's pier or walk north of lily's motel & find a nice swimming beach near the cut. All three of these motels are nothing to look at, but clean & safe from my experience.

I've "heard" but cannot be sure of this, that if you buy a drink at the Bluewater Grill that you cna use the pool at the Sunbreeze. Anyone else hear this? Should I test it out for you?

I kinda agree with the above... but, what I might do is simply go down the list of places that offer a pool and send them an email and ask. If you're staying south of the cut, then I wouldn't bother with places north of the cut. It's not worth a boat trip up to the north just to use a pool.

I know there are some places that say you can use their pool for a small fee.

Sorry no hotels want their pools used by non-guests.The Hideaway used to charge but it is no longer around.
Bananas,for double occupancy, with breakfast is just under 90usd-if people cannot afford that when they want a 4 star product they should probably stay at home work some extra hours and come when they have saved up enough money to enjoy the fruits of their endeavours.

Royal Palms used to let you use the pool for $5. Not sure if they still do. Most places will let you use the pool if you buy a drink and/or lunch. The only one that emphatically states it will NOT let non guests use the pool is Ramon's.

Rubies is safe & clean. Ask for a seaside room - the side or front ones can get hot or be dark.

Sorry barb-due to,in part security/insurance issues, all resorts do not want people to use their pools

S
S
Coconuts welcomes visitors to enjoy the pool, bar and restaurant.

I stand corrected!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.