I'm going to get yelled out by some for even considering this, but for reasons outside my control I am considering taking my laptop to Belize with me.
So I need to ask some technical questions so that I can make up my mind on if it is a waste of time to even think about it.
1. How difficult will it be bringing a laptop through customs? What documentation would I have to bring with me?
2. In order for me to get anything done, I would need access to my company's servers, so is that possible? In the states, I just access through dialup or DSL line.
3. How expensive would the dialup minutes be if I could get through? I may need to replicate data down for a good hour or two at a time.
4. Is there a place I can lock up my laptop when not using it? I assume my hotel might have a place to lock it up.
5. I assume my ac adapter would work perfectly fine, right?
Any/all help on this would be great! I promise if I do bring it, I will only do work on rainy days (or when I would be otherwise napping).