Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#78517 01/13/04 03:10 PM
B
ba Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Are there any cheap flats guides. I do not need my hand held but would like access to a boat. I have contacted the bicho brothers, but there has to be someone cheaper.

Also what about wading from the shore to some of the flats. I have heard that you can get some decent fishing this way.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

#78518 01/13/04 03:31 PM
cheap things are not good ,good things are not cheap!!!!!life is short .do it right and $170 for half day is dirt cheap to compared to states prices for a top guide ,just my opinion and I love the team at fishingsanpedro.com also bicho is his first name !!good luck to you in your quest and good fishing to ya have a great trip ...

Living The Dream Every Day!
#78519 01/13/04 03:55 PM
B
ba Offline OP
OP Offline
B
captjeff,

do you do any flats fishing? Also do you fish on your own or with a guide? Do you fly fish?
How many time have you been out with bicho?

#78520 01/13/04 04:37 PM
The flats in front of the southern portion of Mata Grande can be great bone-fish sites, and are wade-able. But the fish are unpredictable and may not be there when you are. Maybe what you want to do is stay in the Mata Grande area and wade the flats in the evening for fun, hiring a guide & boat for the days that you want to catch as well as cast. There are a limited number of truly knowledgeable flats guides on AC - most work for El Pescador Lodge; a few select others are independants and their services can sometimes be booked months in advance. A cheap flats guide is probably not worth the money and a good one is priceless.

#78521 01/13/04 04:49 PM
I do not like flats fishing my self ,to slow for the capt have tried it with bicho 2 or three times as well as four other gudes in sanpdro before I met bicho ,not me but most fly and spin fisherman love it just not me .I have been fishing the around the world for forty five years love the fishing in sanpedro .fished with bicho 80 days at least he is part fish part fishing genious a very talented capt ... ,as there are schools of bone fish and lots of cuda in almost all shallow flats .. all at differant times and tides ,winds if you are a ok fisherman and have good sunglasses you will see them ,catching is another story !!!!lots of guys wade or pier fish .get a good guide and have a ball ....tight lines to ya and again good fishing

#78522 01/13/04 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ba:
Are there any cheap flats guides. I do not need my hand held but would like access to a boat. I have contacted the bicho brothers, but there has to be someone cheaper.

Also what about wading from the shore to some of the flats. I have heard that you can get some decent fishing this way.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Hello, One of my favorite fishing guide is Fido Badillo, he is an old friend for 22 years. He is a great fishing guide and a fun loving dude ! His fees go up and down, due to the tourist season. Sometimes he'll go out for several hours for $ 50-60 if business is really low. His brother Geraldo has a phone 501-226-2264, cell 501-018-8936. You know sometimes you can luck out and find some guy with a boat just needs some money for gasoline and oil, or because he thinks your pretty cool and become friends. San Pedranos are the complete aqua-men, except fly fishing usually. I am a fly rodder too. The guides just find the fish and you have to cast out with a double haul or use a light spinning rod and do your thing. Capt Bicho is a very close friend of my Belizean friends, and i have met his wife and his kids several times. They are really wonderful people. Capt. Jeff is on a natural high constantly on San Pedro, i know his heart is in the right place. Adios Amigo, Mel S

Mel Sinderman
#78523 01/13/04 05:12 PM
mel s my fishing brother when are you down???? I want to take you out for a reef fishing extravanza ,bicho just got all new tackel ,and we need to brake them in and smoke some line off ..!!!!!!!lets fish for big kick ass ,reef anything huge and fast and not those sissy white bass you catch in the ozarks >>> let me know.. happy new year

#78524 01/13/04 05:19 PM
D
D
BA, I went bone fishing last year and did hire a guide/at least Capt Bicho sent one to me and I caught about 25 Bones in my half day. Wow what a great time. I did not get out on the flats per say but my guide knew where the bones were and we caught them and yes I am headed down this year for more!

#78525 01/13/04 05:47 PM
R
R
Try Severo Guerrero at [email protected] Very experienced, Severo put me on to my first bone, charges about $220 for a full day.

#78526 01/13/04 06:03 PM
Originally posted by captjeff:
mel s my fishing brother when are you down???? I want to take you out for a reef fishing extravanza ,bicho just got all new tackel ,and we need to brake them in and smoke some line off ..!!!!!!!lets fish for big kick ass ,reef anything huge and fast and not those sissy white bass you catch in the ozarks >>> let me know.. happy new year
Greetings El Capitan, I was supposed to go back to SP March, but my wife and my daughter had fits of rages because i was going by myself. so, plan B is early June and all of us are going back and spending about 12 days. One good thing is that we will going back more freq. and moving to the Corazal area in about six years or so if God's will as they say. We fell in love with Belize this last trip again. The white bass' say howdy to you bredda, they don't need another fisherman catching their asses capitan. follow the dream amigo....MS

Mel Sinderman
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.