Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Apart from lodging, what amount do you budget daily? We plan 1-2 meals out per day, enough Belikins to stay completely cool hydrated, the occasional house margarita for my wife, 2-3 snorkeling trips for both of us (bringing our own gear), and a trip to Altun Ha.
39 sleeps and we're excited!

B
B
I plan for $100 us per person per day. What you described is my day there. $50 us per day for food & drink, then $50 us for a "Tour a day." As an example a half day snorkle will be about $50, while a full day to mainland will be closer to $100, but will include some meals. Remember, [especially for the women]IMAHO bring half as much clothes and twice as much money as you planned. Then you can buy some local items[SHOES!] while you're there.

Sorry - no good shoe shopping in SP. I did get some fab sandals in BZ City at Mirab's though, now that you mention it wink laugh !!

OP Offline
That's a relief! I could outfit an army from my wife's shoe collection.
BigFrank, I've tried to get my wife to wear half her clothes, but it hasn't worked on previous trips.

Oh don't start picking on we women that collect shoes....off limits here....hahahaha

Tell wife nice rope sandals at Ramon's gift shop.

Dare To Deviate
Frank's advise has worked well for us going on the fourth year. Leave the clothes and take some $. $100 /day each seems to work well for us........enjoy

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
J
J
for one week i take one carry on, plus my basic dive gear, lets face it you don't need a heck of a lot of clothes in the cayes, sandals shorts t's a shirt for nite long pants and a dop kit and just swing along and enjoy!! no worries man :>)

OP Offline
I'll have to get a job or find richer relatives if $100us/day each is the consensus.

I agree that taking fewer clothes and more money is the ticket. And don't bother taking any shoes that can't be rinsed off with water several times a day because the roads are dusty. Last year I took several pairs of sandals that I didn't even wear and instead bought a pair of beach shoes that I wore for everything. My husband and I always travel with way too much stuff. We're going back for our third trip next month, and I have vowed to take half the clothes this time. cool If you're going to be in and out of the water several times a day, I recommend that you take several swim suits so there's always a dry one handy. Oh yea, that's a girl thing too!!

Sam Scuba, right on advice, especially the shoes and bathingsuit stuff. I do take sandals with me, but they are all sandals that I can walk the beach in, dance in, and/or walk through a mud puddle on the road.

Brent, I budget $100 per day. Some days I spend less, some days I spend more. If you aren't much of a drinker, you probably don't need to budget that much. Most of the inland tours run around $100+/day. Snorkelling and such is less. Taking the water taxi over to Caulker is less again. As for meals, where you chose to eat can make quite a difference too.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 231 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.