Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Howdy-When I was in San Pedro for JJW week #1 a week or so ago, a lot of us from the JJW group were trying to hook up on different evenings for group dinners or bar-hopping, etc. but had a hard time communicating due to our lodgings being some distance from each other. When I come back on Jan. 30 for JJW week #2, I would like to find a way to solve this. I was wondering if it would be economically impractical for several of us who are staying at different locations on AC to rent cell phones for 8 or 9 days. Does anyone know know any details on the costs, security deposits etc. of renting cell phones for short term and the name and email addresses of any vendors. Will appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

Hello, C's Phones on middle street rents phones. I would think its not too much, ahhh say maybe 30 bucks or so for a week and a very nice selection for sure. Deposit shouldnt be too bad as long as it covers the cost of the phone ,like say if you were to drop it in the ocean Etc, depending on what make model you rent will depend on deposit I would say. Youll buy pre paid phone cards to charge your phone which are sold around the island in misc bars and restaraunts, with minuts which you could use to call any where in the world if need be. Have fun!

BTL offices also rent cell phones (there's a BTL office across the parking lot at the international airport), as do rental car companies and also stores like the one Phoenix East mentioned.

Typically the cost is around US$5 a day, with usually some discounts for long-term rentals.

Prepaid phone cards (also what you use for pay phones) are available in denominations of BZ$10 to $50. There's no charge for in-coming calls.

I've found cell reception pretty good on Ambergris Caye, even fairly far north.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Phoenix and Lan. Much appreciate the info. Sounds very affordable. Best wishes.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.