I'm Laura's pal, Beth. I'm so jealous. Here's my list of things not to miss:
- BC's (don't unpack on Sunday - Just go to the
BBQ - BCs is next door to Sunbreeze)
- Monday Dumb Joke night at Mango's
- Breakfast's at Lily's
- Jambel Jerk
- Snorkeling off of Ramon's pier
- Coconets for a beer and some insults or laughs,
depending on the day
- Cucina Carumba on middle street
- chatting with the nice people that you meet
- early morning walks south of town
- Caye Caulker for a day
- Fido's any night Skinny or one of the Category
bands is playing.
- as you can tell, we loved Hammock House
- get out on the water at least a few times
Look out for:
.... a short list
The little kids selling stuff on the beach, streets and restaurants... Most likely they are not in school and are forced to work by parents. We both bought from them before realizing that we may be contributing to the problem.
Our room at Sunbreeze was comfortable and had a great view, but was often noisy in the early am. We were near the front, so when the planes started flying it got loud. Also, I think we had a large dog colony nearby that gave an early am wake-up call. Consider buying earplugs.
If you are flying from BC, do not pay extra to the Mayan/Tropic air staff to have your transportation to the hotel arranged in advance. Sunbreeze is across the street from the airport.
If you get a chance to extend your trip, do it!
Enjoy your time in paradise.