Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#79845 02/05/04 11:53 PM
B
bill b Offline OP
OP Offline
B
15 wakeups and the dream begins. the weather here has been really really bad. and is supposed to get worse tomorrow. see ya at the sunday bbq. if you get there before us, save some ribs and rum for us. bill b.

#79846 02/06/04 09:19 AM
hi bill...good to hear from you...

figured you guys were just hanging in like us and trying to get thru the next couple of weeks! we wake up every day now "counting down"...and it can't come soon enough!

we've had a brief respite from the bone chilling temps...but the snow banks are still pretty high and todays freezing rain doesn't improve our spirits!

the only thing that does...is thoughts of AC! can't wait to be sitting on the beach at BC's and very much looking forward to meeting up with you and frank! keep warm til then!

#79847 02/06/04 11:07 AM
Hi guys-

13 wakeups for us. I like that, wakeups...ha!

Had 6 inches of snow yesterday. This time it was not proceeded by any ICE. TG

See ya at BC's.....
laugh
KCJD

#79848 02/06/04 06:32 PM
hi kcjd...

you're on my list of folks to "look out" for!

we call it "sleeps"...only 14 more sleeps....this time two weeks from now...we'll be at BB and will have our first sleep on AC!

soon come!

#79849 02/07/04 12:36 AM
W
W
Hi mikell and all, we will be there the same time as you. Arrive on the 22nd until Mar 4. There is four of us, and maybe we can hook up for a drink somewhere.

#79850 02/07/04 09:37 AM
hi warner...

welcome to our "club"! hope to see more than a few boardies at BC's BBQ for sunday lunch...the day you arrive...if you aren't in early enough...maybe the following sunday?

where are you coming from? and where are you staying? it's a small place...we'll keep an eye out for people we "meet" on the board...

guess you are all into the "countdown" like we are right now!

#79851 02/08/04 06:56 AM
B
bill b Offline OP
OP Offline
B
hi mikell. you seem like a pretty good organizer so how about talking up a board meeting for wednesday night, 2/25, around 8 pm? you pick the place. i'll buy the first round!! bill.

#79852 02/08/04 11:01 AM
smile ...bill...in my "younger" ( wink ) days...i was always the one to get the parties together...you got that right! ... would love to find a place with some live music on the beach...maybe once we've cruised the place a couple of days we'll have a better idea where the action is...who hosts mid week music? i'll check the board for answers...

i have to tell you tho...we are not late nighters usually...we tend to rise before the sun on vacations...and by 9 or 10 we are falling asleep! in negril last year, we had a hard time staying up past 8 our first few nights! must have been the change of climate or something...pretty pathetic! but we were always up in the dark with coffee brewed waiting for sunrise!

what we need to do is take a long siesta in the afternoon...i do love warm "summer" nights and music...so that's a plan...sleep in a hammock somewhere after lunch!! that should give us a couple more hours on the "dark side"!!

#79853 02/08/04 11:16 AM
ok...here's a couple of ideas...i found on the site...

maybe to start with...for dinner??

Pier Lounge
Home of the famous Chicken Drop, an island tradition. Every Wednesday beginning at 6:00 pm the Pier Lounge sets up for the gaming event of the week. Just outside on the beach is a small fenced area with a grid of the numbers 1 - 100. A ticket is sold for each square and when all tickets are sold a chicken is released into the fenced area. The rest you can guess. Great fun for the whole family.

then....

Wednesday night is Ladies Night at Dockside where you will find one of the most happening places on the island. Just take a walk down the beach after the Pier Lounge Chicken Drop and get ready for a mid-week party to spice up your night.

or...

Fido's Courtyard
This is a very popular destination with tourists to the island and also home to live music almost every night of the week usually beginning at 8pm.

looks like we won't have any problem finding someplace to have fun!

#79854 02/08/04 11:58 AM
W
W
We are a group of four, myself and my wife from Canada. The other two are freinds from Chicago. We are staying at Corona Del Mar. We were there last year as well. Can't wait to get there, man it's been cold here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.