Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
we'll be arriving quite late in the afternoon on a friday...by the time we get checked in and settled into Banana Beach...we'll probably be more than ready for something to eat...but instead of just taking the "easy" way and eating at the hotel...thought it might be nice to take a short walk to see a bit before we retire (and we'll likely be eating more than one meal at BB)...

is there anything good close by? not looking for fine dining...burgers & pizza for my husband...anything with fish for me...

don't want to walk all the way to town...but something within 10 minutes walk?

K
K
Mikell, if my memory serves me correctly, the closest would be El Patio and Jerry's Crab Shack. Jerry's would be at least a 10 minute walk, maybe 15. El Patio is closer.

mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks kathy...checked out el patio online menu...looks and sounds pretty good...have you eaten there? how's the food?

if we walked up the beach a ways...could we find something on the water? wouldn't mind a nice view of the ocean while we dine our first evening there...but we will have an ocean front balcony view later anyway... smile

E
E
Mikell, I hate to be the one to make this public but walk down the beach to the south or take a taxi to Caribbean Villas and you will enjoy the finest dinner on the island. Trust me, thats where the expats go.

Ernie

S
S
Whew! Confusion! Jerrys Crab Shack is clear in to town by Tropic, much more than 10 min. walk. El Patio has relocated in town center. Caribbean Villas has never had any restaurant. Perhaps Ernie was thinking of Carib Island which is located about 20-30 min. south. You could walk north on the beach by Banyan Bay to Ricos. Or have a good, cheap local meal at Antojitos on the road just north of Banyan Bay. Or get Chinese takeout just south 100 yds across the street from Banana Beach.

mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks for clearing that up jesse!! *laughing*

i get the feeling that if we just walk in any direction we'll smell food! seems you can't go wrong. i know we aren't going to go hungry!

i like the idea of trying some of the smaller places that don't get much publicity...a local hang out? maybe try that. what does Rico's serve? i'd go for chinese maybe...but alan won't...gotta be a place he can get "simple" food...AKA...burgers/pizza and that sort of food...or at least unadulterated beef or chicken...he's VERY picky!

For a first meal close to Banana Beach, but not at El Divino, I think I'd agree with Jesse and say go to Rico's. It's just 3 or 4 minutes away. The food's not fantastic, but it's okay, and the setting right on the water is one of the best on the island. You can certainly get fish and other seafood there, chicken and various other straight-forward stuff.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
If you like Thai food we open 6pm and are not far away.

Tippy

Tastes of Thailand

mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks len & tippy...

rico's sounds like a good idea...just to be on the water and enjoying our first "view"...

i LOVE thai food...could eat it every meal! but i'm not sure if alan could get anything to eat there??? i have a son living in thailand now and i envy him his meals!! if i can convince alan to come with me...i will also check out tastes of thailand! do you have an online menu i can look at?

mikell stay the first night at el divino food very good on my personal top ten list ..and I eat all over the world so I know what I like and know whats hot or not ,,just my sharing two cents worth with you !!!!!also el patio /jerrys crab did not make my top ten list and riccos chef left and went to caribbean island resort and is doing wonderful things there ..taste of thailand is on my #1 list ,love the place as well as stainedgalss pub ,elvi's /caliente /blue water grill /jade garden.... victoria house is super fancy/ pricy very romantic for that special eveing just the two !!!!!! just to name a few but some are in town some not.. live the dream and get ready to enjoy !!!!!

Living The Dream Every Day!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.