Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80022 02/09/04 03:04 PM
C
canoe Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Found a website for "The Beach House Belize." It looks like a great home for rent, but I have had trouble contacting the owners. It is located north of San Padro in the Playa Blanca area of Ambergris Caye.

Anybody familiar with the home and how best to reach the oweners?

#80023 02/10/04 11:27 PM
whats the website?
there are a bunch of rentals north...
I didn't see it listed on the lodging page and tried thebeachhousebelize.com and got nadda.

#80024 02/10/04 11:30 PM
here ya go Hopie - Google is God!

http://www.thebeachhousebelize.com/default.asp

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#80025 02/11/04 02:11 PM
C
C
klcman
have you heard of Brianna's beach house. It is supposed to be in a residential area. On the water and a 7 minute walk from SP. I basically want to know if it may be wiser to stay at one of the resorts so as to have more interaction with others - then again, the residents may be greta??? Have any thoughts or info?
Cheri

Originally posted by klcman:
here ya go Hopie - Google is God!

http://www.thebeachhousebelize.com/default.asp

#80026 02/11/04 05:15 PM
Brainna's is one of the best places to stay if you have kids and want them to meet other kids easily & quickly. Good without kids too but great with kids.

(I was referring to little kids but saw on another post that yours are teens or older - still a good place)

#80027 02/11/04 07:54 PM
Here's a pic I took last March //ambergriscaye.com/pages/photos/671.html

If I had kids, wanted them to experience the culture first hand, I don't think I would hesitate to book this. Sure beats the little lakeside cottages my parents took me to eons ago!

and some pics of the kids playing at Boca park, a short walk up the beach:

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/photos/676.html

#80028 02/12/04 10:52 AM
C
C
Hey, you guys are GREAT!! The photos were great klcman. Thanks for your info too, Barbara K!!

My daughters are making this trip VERY hard on me. They are great kids, but they are extreme sun worshipers!!
We had it out last night over a pool!!! I want to take them to a place that has some history and not just a beach and a pool area. My youngest (19) said..., "Mom I don't want to spend three days of my vacation in a tourist trap!!!" My response was, If you think that the Myans ruins or the coral reef are tourists traps - stay home!!!
So you see my problem, keeping them happy but making sure they experience more in life than a good tan! I want them to have the vacation of a lifetime!!! I shall prevail. I took them to Cabo San Lucas a year ago and they actually enjoyed dragging their sorry butts off the beach for a couple of days! I think (as much as I like the looks of Brianna's) if I elect to stay at a resort instead (with a pool and some activity) I may fair better when I request their presence on a couple of excursions. Usually, they are happy for the experience, but they love the beach scene - and Mom does not! Ahhh, to be young and oblivious! Any suggestions re: a active, nice resort close to SP?? I was looking at Ramons. Thanks again. Your knowledge is invaluable to me.
Cheri
Originally posted by klcman:
Here's a pic I took last March //ambergriscaye.com/pages/photos/671.html

If I had kids, wanted them to experience the culture first hand, I don't think I would hesitate to book this. Sure beats the little lakeside cottages my parents took me to eons ago!

and some pics of the kids playing at Boca park, a short walk up the beach:

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/photos/676.html

#80029 02/12/04 01:03 PM
tourist trap - cabo san lucas - oxymoron

#80030 02/12/04 03:21 PM
Ramon's might fit the bill. Or small condo type places like The Palms (right next door to Ramon's), Banana Beach, Banyan Bay, Blue Tang, Exotic Caye. There are many choices. You'd probably be better off at one of these than Brianna's judging from what you say. Once they get into the swing of island life (and catch a few rays wink ) , they will probably even enjoy the excursions. Most of the excursions start by boat - great place to work on a tan!

#80031 02/12/04 07:27 PM
C
canoe Offline OP
OP Offline
C
As a green eyed blond ex-lifegaurd sunbather, who survived malignant melenoma cancer at age 28 -I can't help but chime in after reading your message about your daughters.

Take them on a cave tour! Slather them in sunscreen! If that won't work remind them how many wrinkles they'll get from too much time in the sun!!!!

Good luck Mom. Remember, we were all young once and we all grew out of it somehow!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 324 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.