Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
suntam Offline OP
OP Offline
S
After lots of reseach on your forum I am looking at these three possibilities. We want a pretty nice place - not cheap but we want to watch our budget somewhat. We would like a quiet place with a pool and a decent beach. Nice food and tropical drinks at a reasonable price are important too. Friendly staff is important. A place apart from town but with good access to town is good. It would be nice if they provided the golf or shorter walk to town is good - not a huge issue but good to think about. I am open to suggestions of other places. I am looking for the best place at the best price. Thanks!

tami
C
C
check out captain morgan's they have a great web site. it is north on the island, but easy to go south

Check out Banana Beach, 15 min walk to town down the beach, not a lot of traffic on the beach like at the Yacht Club, has a great in house resturant, the breakfast they furnish with the room is good, its clean, friendly and accessable.
Its also resonable. We had a beach view for 7 days at less than $1000. Victoria House looked great but its pricey and another 10 mins to town by foot.

S
suntam Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I've heard generally good thing about Banana Boat, but also that its noisy and crowded and lots of kids. Believe me I love kids, but we have 4 so this is our every two year break. How is Banana boat compared to the Palms? We desparately need quiet for a week. Can anyone give more details like I listed above on Xanadu and some more on the Yacht club? Thanks guys!! I'm glad there is a forum.

tami
S
S
Try doing searches (upper right) on the places that interest you... lots of information!

Why didn't you say you were trying to get away from your kids, I'd go south, Antartica and I'd go on the "Banana Boat"

Suntam:

Relax.

Gawd, I've read all your posts and you're waaaay too high-strung for San Pedro. Crime is minimal, you won't find drunks on every corner and the people are as kind as you'll find anywhere.

Relax.

Banana Beach should be fine for you--except I might be there with my (3) kids. We're taking them along...just like we did when we stayed at Xanadu last year. Both are quiet and very nice. Tim's staff at Banana's is wonderful and Ivan and Co. at Xanadu make a smaller but equally accomodating bunch.

We went WITHOUT our kids the first time we went to BB and swore we'd never go without them again.

Relax. Go to any of the places you've selected and you'll be just fine. No one will hassle you and, in fact, you'll be shocked by the warmth you'll experience.

Did I mention that you should relax? wink

* I Go Pogo *
I'm not sure what "utopia" your looking for, we had a wonderful time at Banana "Boat" and there were 2 families with wonderful children and we saw no crime, no hookers, no drugs, no real "spring break" party scene anywhere, damn, I was looking for that. But, watch it at your local airport, we had our car stolen off the park and ride lot while we were gone. So what do you want?

S
suntam Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for your input guys!!

tami
Suntam - if you are going childless - I recommend something north. Captain Morgans is worth checking out. We had the same dilema too. BB looks nice and is reasonable - but pictures posted on the board gave me the impression is it more for families. They are more like condos. That is why we chose CM. Ramons looked nice too and apparently much closer to town, but they did not have the accomodations we wanted (which was beachfront).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.