Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
no kids at Captain Morgan's when we were there last week. it is right on the beach with gorgeous palms and chairs in the open or under thatched roof shelters also hammocks and swings, 2pools which we did not use other than to cool off (have one in the yard so no big deal) a nice little bar, good restaurant, and nice villas and cabanas. just book your own excursions, much cheaper. it is also close to superb dining . CM's service is perfect. their boat will take you to town if it is going and one of them goes often. if not the ferry is easy to take and so is riding bikes. the little barge you go across to get to town is a Belizeian experience within itself. Just keep in mind it is not cheap, but perfect. we loved it

S
S
JUST PUTTING IN MY BANANA BEACH 2 CENTS! GOING BACK THIS WEEK FOR MY SECOND TRIP AND FOUND THE PLACE QUIET. ITS A GHOST TOWN AT NIGHT, EVERYONE'S SLEEPING TO GET UP EARLY AND ENJOY SAN PEDRO AND THE WATER! AMBERGRIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL I DON'T THINK YOU WILL BE DOING MUCH BUT SLEEPING AT THE HOTEL. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WHERE YOU STAY. ITS THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THIS ISLAND SO GREAT. NEVER SAW MUCH OF MY ROOM!

J
J
Hi, i'm booked to go to Xanadu in early October. Please tell me that this is a good choice to stay. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

we stayed at banana beach for 10 days last month...loved the suite and private balcony and awesome view over the water...plus the staff was absolutely wonderful to us...and the price for all that we got was very reasonable...

the only thing we didn't like so much was the very small beachfront area...basically, it is an area elevated from the water with a breakfront (water access in front of either property to the north or south)...and several rows of lounge chairs beside each other...often filled during the day when we were there...so no real private spots to choose from.

we also loved the look of ramon's...the beachfront is really great with lots of trees, chairs, and private spaces to relax. the pool area is also very pretty. i wouldn't hesitate to stay there as long as i had one of the beachfront cabanas. it is also very close to town...more in the heart of things...but still had a private feeling....i would say the closeness to town is a big plus but we didn't really mind our daily walks to town from banana beach...it was a great way to see more of the beachfront. javaman...no worries...you will love ramon's...we also spent a lot of time there snorkeling off their pier. it was never crowded either.

suntam...you should also check out caribe island...it is a little farther south past victoria house...so not really walking distance to town but they do have free shuttle service to town regularly and bikes available...renting a golf cart is also a great thing to do for an entire day of exploring. i recommend this property because it has everything else you are looking for and more...the grounds, pool area and beachfront are second to none...it is spectacular. you will feel like you're on a secluded island. there is also a wonderful restaurant on their pier and a great beach bar by the pool. prices are very reasonable and i hear nothing but great things about the staff there. if you don't mind the farther distance to town...about 3 miles or so...i'm sure you would find it a perfect place to stay without kids.

J
J
Hey Mikell, is Ramones close to Xanadu? Is it pretty nice, quiet?

javaman...

xanadu is closer to banana beach...ramon's is closer to town...but they are not that far apart...it's a short walk between the two...maybe 10 minutes...we tend to walk slowly along the beach...

i'm not sure which property you were asking about...pretty and quiet ....

both are very pretty...they kind of have the same look about them...same kind of beachfront and thatched cabanas...i'd say xanadu is a bit quieter...being farther from town...more action at ramon's...but i didn't find that either of them appeared very crowded.

we passed by both of these places and could imagine staying at either...price was the main factor that led us to banana beach...to get a comparable room with a view would have been more than BB...we loved our private balcony and outstanding morning view at BB. that isn't important to others who don't use their rooms as much as we do.

i can't imagine being disappointed with a stay at either ramon's or xanadu...

IMHO Ramon's is a great place to stay. Close to town, wonderful beach, fabulous pool, friendly helpful staff...stayed there twice myself in 2003. Get a beach front room. Not very big rooms (#60 is my favorite), but can't beat it for being immersed in the beach and palms. Check out our website for tons of Ramon's pics. Have a great trip no matter where you stay. mobunny cool

http://www.unm.edu/~irmin/

J
J
Thanks for the info all. I'm getting pretty pumped and it's still 6 months to go.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 281 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.