Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
I have a choice of a 1st or 3rd floor Dlx ocean front room in the original building. I want the 3rd and hubby wants the 1st. Any input???? DSCCALLAH, what room were those great pics from?
Also, dive shop there will give small discount on activities, is it better to do all from there for convenience and is their prices just as good as the next shop (plan on diving a lot, cave tubing and mayan ruin... also may rent golf cart for several days)

We just got back from BB last week and loved it. I would go for the 3rd floor room, better view -IMO. We used Monkey Business for all our day trips and had no problems. Request Alfonso for any snorkeling trips, he was great. You'll have a great time laugh

This is a tough one. We were on the 2nd floor of the new north side. We met 2 couples on the 1st floor and they enjoyed being able to put some Belicans in the "frig" and having a cold one while on the beach. The photos can be had from the beach so I wouldn't make that a priority and personally I would go for the 1st floor because I'm starting to feel old and the restrooms are not at the beach front.
As for the diving question, I'm only a snorkler and we found Monkey Business to be accomidating. In fact they tried to make it right for you and as I understand from others their price is right.
Have a good trip, you will love it 1st or 3rd floor.
Don

OP Offline
Are there any hammocks at the resort?

No there are no hammocks at Banana Beach, but lots of beach loungers

My wife just corrected me. Imagine that! There was "one" hammock at Banana Beach, At the south end of the "little pool" just north of the jungle.

hey dscallah...how is the snorkeling at Banana Beach.? You said you're more into snorkeling...any place right off the beach you'd reccommend...and what trips would you recommend for those that snorkel?

........3rd floor has view and breeze, 1st floor stays cooler. Goody2shoes, snorkeling off the beach in SP can be fun, do not expect to see too much, lots of shells, maybe an occasional sting ray or even a dolphin if your out far enough, but they do not allow you to snorkel freely anymore as the boats find it hard to see snorklers, so they try to keep snorkeling out near the reef. You should just do a few snorkel trips, youll see much more. TIP: If you walk out onto the dock at the yacht club, you can see schools of fish and other ihabitants of the small ecosystem under there larger dock. Again, you have to be very careful of boats, some of them do not see you, and you could be hit, I would hate to have to be taken to Belize city to the hospital on vacation.

You can swim off the pier next to BB, and it gets shallow enough to walk. But no snorkeling. We snorkeled several times off Ramons pier and loved it.
We took several snorkeling trips through Moneky Business and had great days with them! Enjoy!!

Snorkling off of BB pretty much doesn't exist. There is a beach to swim from and you can go out a long way, but as you have read it doesn't seem safe because of the amount of boat traffic. You can go off the pier just north of BB and go about 50' and be knee deep on a little reef. But snorkle, personaly I don't feel it exist at BB.
But, no matter what your reason for the visit to AC you have to do Hol Chan. And yes, Alfonso who Monkey Bus. uses is great. He's a local who can tell you what is going on the reef as if he were a PHD in marine biology.
Again, do it and have a great time.
Don

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.