Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
One of the most unique things about this place is seeing everyone travelling about on golf carts down the roads and through the streets. Today we're looking forward to joining the traffic and giving our feet a rest.

After watching the sun rise and morning coffee on our balcony, we head down to the beach to see Tracy and Eric off on their day of fishing with Capt. Bicho. We're heading out with him tomorrow, so this is a nice opportunity to meet him in advance. We say our hellos on the dock and make arrangements for our trip the next day.

After breakfast, the women at Monkey Business (the shop at BB which arranges tours and travel) make it quick and easy to get a golf cart for the day. We opt for an 8 hour rental for $44. We'll have wheels until 6:30 pm. And the fun begins!

Alan takes a few minutes to get used to the "controls" (neither of us have ever driven a golf cart) and I can tell he's really going to enjoy this. We're smiling like kids as we navigate the roads into town and seeing all the sights on the way, stopping to take pictures and thoroughly loving the ride.

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd22b3127cceb9f9cd22f96f0000003610[/img]

Our plan is to head north across the "cut". Eagerly anticipating the hand pulled ferry ride to the north side, we find it easily and get to watch it coming back towards us with a load of people. Then we follow another cart onto the ferry while some local kids take a seat on the back of this cart for the ride over. It's really a very cool experience.

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd22b3127cceb9f9c213b9c10000003610[/img]

On the other side, the road gets pretty rough and we know we're in for an adventure. Our first stop is the Palapa Bar where we plan to quench our thirsts. The view from the elevated bar area is spectacular and the breeze feels great. We have a nice chat with the bartender who is the owner's son. We can't resist taking several photos from this vantage point.

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd22b3127cceb9f9c383f9c90000003610[/img]

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd22b3127cceb9f9c76e78160000003610[/img]

After a great rum punch, we're off again, taking our time as we navigate the narrow bumpy road. We delight in seeing many iguanas crossing the road and venturing onto beach properties like Capricorn, Captain Morgan's and other driveways that lead to the water. The places to stop and snap photos are endless! We're in no hurry.

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd22b3127cceb9f9c5fef9b70000003610[/img]

Despite thinking several times that the we've reached the end of the road, we keep meandering our way north. Sometimes the road veers onto the beach for awhile; sometimes it turns inland around resorts. It's an amazing ride. We reach Mata Chica and go on a ways past Portofino until we decide that it's time to head back.

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd22b3127cceb9f9d86eb9b10000003610[/img]

The trip home is worth it's own "part". So, I'll end here and post more stories and pictures of that later.

To be continued�

Mikell
Please continue... Love reading your trip reports thanks so much
nancy

looking forward to ac, coconuts
I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports as they come out one by one. The only problem is I have a very bad case of SP withdrawal and I don't think I am gonna make it to August when we get to go again. Keep the great reports and pics coming!! mobunny laugh

mikell,

I've been sharing this link with my daughter and her fiance who are getting married in SP this June. I know that for her, your pictures bring back the memories of her trips to AC with us, and her fiance should be getting a kick out of them as well, particularly since he has never been there. Brave soul I suspect.

What kind of camera were you using? We'll be back down in a week or so and I'm thinking about bringing the digital this time.

Waiting with baited breath for Report #5...
I am hoping that my husband will not have worse golfing withdrawls by having to drive the cart and not actually be able to play.... BUT, I guess filling the day with scuba, bar hopping and touring 'm hoping he'll manage to contain the golf itch til he gets home....

D
D
Mikell, who did you rent (Golf Cart) from? Do you have there web site/Phone number? I guess we are going to do this trip up north thing as it sound fun! How were the Bars up that way? Thanks for all the reports.

Another great report. Keep them coming. Rock on!

Format of your report is great, with the pictures. I too thought what camera took these perfect pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

Dare To Deviate
I was kind of wondering what camera myself. The color saturation is incredible. Those blue chairs look like Disney props. The sky is incredible too. I've only been able to get that kind of color by using films like AGFA ULTRA 50 and a good polarizer.

Angelo
Maybe I don't want to know, cause I'll get itchy and go buy a new one $$$$$. The colors are what got me too. Perhaps it's not digital. Even so....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.