Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Hi,
I will be arriving tues Am, should I make reservations for flight over to AC? Also, I will be in AC for 10 days staying at PAradise Villas for first 3 days, and Spindrift for another 3. Any Idea on how much $$$ to bring. I want to dive a few times, a maybe rent a cart not really interested in tours. Any input greatly appreciated. Also, whats the deal with the weather? weather site says rain for ALL next week! Is that accurate? Thanks!

B
B
$100 us is a good rule of thumb if, like me, you can daily drink half your body weight in Belikins. ATMS are tricky in the country. All dive shops and tours [and most restuarants] will take Trav checks and credit cards. If your spot has a bar/restuarant then you can run a tab [cash for tips?] and payout at the end. If you've never been to a Mayan ruin, look into that tour as Lamanai, IMAHO, is epic.

Weather usually clouds over part of the day, not all day.

B
B
I forgot, make puddlejumper reservations, they will accomodate your time needs--early or late.

D
OP Offline
D
Hi Big Frank,
Thanks for your suggestions! Cant wait to get there!

Sandy

I
I
Would have to agree with Big Frank. Did go to the ATM machine though, and had no problems. Don't have my bank statement as of yet, though. Credit cards are fairly easy and many places we went either required us to spend a certain amount to use one or added 2-3% on top of the bill. Peanuts in the grand scheme of the vacation. $100.00 per day per person as long as you do not run into a large group and start trading drink rounds......

J
J
Yes I would def take Maya Air or Tropic to San Pedro. It's only a 13 min flight & is fun on those
small planes. We just came back yesterday & I rode
in the co-pilots seat. They use it as a regular seat as no co-pilot is needed.This past week the winds Monday-Friday were at times gale force which
did hamper boats going out.We did not get to snorkle,but did many other things exploring the
Island.If you take the boat from Belize City & it
gets as windy as it was,your'e in for one rough ride. Most of the boats are open & it can take up
to an hour and a half. You can book on their Web
sites. We used Maya.I look at the fact that we had
a few more hours on San Pedro.Seeing as how we loved every minute,the hours counted. Have a great
time

Chiming in on Maya Air/Tropic to San Pedro.

We used Maya Air. Leaving, we thought we might catch an earlier flight so went to the airfield early, no such luck.

I did notice that Tropic seemed to be outflying Maya by at least 3 to 1 in departures. Don't know if that is an accurate reflection or not, but the day we left there were definitely more Tropic flights than Maya. I suppose that could work in your favor either way.

ENJOY!

We flew Tropic and loved it. I too was a co-pilot. Fun isn't it smile Great view, yet I was wondering what I would have to do if the pilot wasn't able.....oh my goodness eek

Co-piloting is one of my fun times with Tropic or Maya. I always hope for that seat.
Stopping one time at Caye Chapple was the greatest. What a BEAUTIFUL caye. We just dropped off some golfers, but got a great peek smile

You go tomorrow..........yippee. Have a great trip laugh

D
OP Offline
D
thanks all of you for all your posts! I am leaving my house for LAX in 2 hours and Im so excited Im gonna POP! I hope I get to copilot the plane, believe it or not I uesed to be scared to death of those small planes going over to Roatan. (flying coffins) HA!
The weather does not look so good? Whats up with that?

Don't worry........go and have a blast smile

The weather changes every 15 minutes laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.