Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
egcntrk Offline OP
OP Offline
Has Amer. beef importation been banned by Belize? We butcher our own & would like to bring a few steaks & hamburger with us. If we try & get caught, what are the penalties? eek

If we try & get caught, what are the penalties?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penalties include a Belize Customs Officer having a good meal and not you laugh laugh

Before mad cows (and even before grouchy ones) you were allowed to bring in USDA inspected meat for personal consumption. Had to apply for a permit first from agriculture authorities in Belize and pick up and pay for it at the Quarantine Officer's office at the airport.

http://www.belize.gov.bz/cabinet/d_silva/welcome.shtml

This link is to the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries that has contact info on it.

jade garden, imported beef

Suggest that one's experience of Belize might be more fulfilling (and thoroughly yummy)if one experiences Belize as it is.

Diane, belize IS yummy, but the brama beef is not worth buying, unless you like to suck your steak....Yes, bringing goods in causes a false economy, but if you want good meat, you gotta.
Having said that, we found a pretty good piece of meat at the Stained Glass Pub. This is just my view.

L
L
The best US steaks are at Caribe Island and Blue Water Grill. cool

Just have them cry-o-vac'ed, freeze 'em, pack 'em inside your luggage in a collapsible cooler and throw them in the 'fridge when you arrive. Like you, I enjoy a nice grilled beef and fish dinner on the beach while I'm there.

I seriously doubt bringing one or two partial meals' worth of food with you will have a damaging affect on the Belizean econonomy.

Come on, people.

* I Go Pogo *
Someone serves Argentinian Beef - don't remember who at the moment buit will check.

The fish served on Ambergris Caye is rather wonderful........the local food is quite good......isn't that's what travelling is all about?

J
J
Leave your American beef at home & enjoy all the
great local food. The seafood is the best I have
ever had & I've had it all over the world. I just got back from SP last night & would give anything to have a blackend Red Snapper for lunch today. They do great things with all the seafood. Every day I would go the pier in front of Aqua Marina
Suites where we stayed and watch the fisherman clean & fillet their catch & you knew it would be
on the restaurant tables that night. Doesn't get any fresher than that. You can get some great pork
dishes. If you are on the beach in town around
4:00 or so look for a woman who sells her homemade
"cheviche". Her name is China,pronounced Cheena.It
is to die for.She provides a spoon and tortilla chips to go with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.