Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
also the portofino boat does not return you to your destination, period.

mobunny Offline OP
OP Offline
Cathy and Richard, what were you told when you asked about the pier dining?? Your right Capricorn's is a great place. I spent my 45th birthday there last year. Anybody else have any thing to share about the food, their experience at Portofino? Thanks, mobunny

C
C
i hate to sound negative, but that was our experience. we were told, that yes, they have pier dining and made the reservation. it was also a hassle to put the bill on AMEX, take cash. we just did not get a good feeling about the place. when we called and made the reservation they were extremely nice on the phone. we are the same age! the food at CM's is also very good. i am sure others love portofino. some of the time you just hit an off night. we were on AC feb. 21-28.

J
J
Perhaps we lucked out with the high winds.Most of the time when people relate experiences at places,good chance they are right.I would not have been happy if I went to all that on our anniversary & it didn't turm out the way I thought it would

N
N
I would also recommend Capricorn. It is quite a magical atmosphere and the food and service both are wonderful. We took a water taxi there and back (from Mata Rocks) and that worked out well. We got completely drenched on our return trip, but that was more amusing than irritating. Make sure to make a reservation (usually your hotel can take care of the restaurant and the water taxi).

C
C
jack and rose, I think the wind Gods were with you!

mobunny Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the input! mobunny cool

J
J
Hey mobunny, just a thought but how about arranging a trip on a boat to a small Island with one of the locals who do great beach bbq's with all kinds of fresh fish etc; Make it a suprise for your friends.Bring along some champagne & think of some other neat things & let them think it's just a fishing trip. Anniversary parties don't have to be in the evening

Regards,Jack

mobunny Offline OP
OP Offline
Jack, that is a good idea. Last year on my 45th birthday my husband arranged through Capt Jeff for us to go with Bicho and his son snorkeling at Bacalar Chico and then a beach BBQ at Basil Jones (abandoned resort up north.) It was my favorite thing we did all week. The vegetarian meal Bicho made for us was fabulous and the view was breath taking. Heavy sigh. Now I am making my self homesick for San Pedro. Later, mobunny cool

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.