Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82788 03/23/04 12:19 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I have seen several post on individual costs of food and drinks, and I realize that the number can vary greatly from group to group, but can anyone tell what they spent on average for food and drink for a week? My fiance is a bigger drinker, me, not so much. We're trying to figure out our honeymoon budget and could really use some help. Thanks! laugh

#82789 03/23/04 07:52 AM
We have been trying to plan the same thing and here is what I figured out. We will be staying at Captain Morgans the first week of May.

You can eat cheap and you can eat expensive. It is your choice depending on your budget. What we did is plan for about $100 a day for meals not including the 1-2 expensive dinners we are planning.

This is how I calculated it:

Breakfast $10 pp
Lunch $15 pp
Dinner $25 pp

This should include beer with meals but maybe not alcohol drinks which are more expensive. Consider that you also may be getting some meals included in an excursion - especially if you are planning an all day thing. I understand that the prices are all comparable to the states. It has been several years since I was last down there and I remember finding the least expensive, best tasting meals right in town. I am sure the same applies.

I have also heard that people just tend to eat less because of the warm weather. However, I am not taking that into consideration since I plan on eating my way from one end to the next. laugh

Hope this helps

#82790 03/23/04 07:56 AM
Here is a previous thread on the various restaurants

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=005755

#82791 03/23/04 09:42 AM
T
T
figure your budget and double it...

#82792 03/23/04 11:15 AM
toad your right a .full american ,breakfast,in a nice place ,like twenty us for two inc tax and tip .lunch again for two about $30,us,tax and tip inc, a super dinner with four coures , from about 60$to 75 and up us for two nice places ,again where and how much and what you eat ,you can go in am for coffee and buns at rubies for $2,50 us or get a lunch snack and soda /beer for$five us it all depends on your taste and how much you eat . but I think if you budget $125 a day on your vacation your in the ball park if your not counting lots of beer/drinks ,go live the dream and enjoy ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#82793 03/23/04 12:12 PM
J
J
capt jeff you're right on with those figures,$125 a day is in the ballpark, but we actually spent a little more some days, mostly because the food is so damn good that I had to have my Snapper meal everynight & because I do not consume booze I make up for it on food.Also we were there the week before you & the winds were so bad we didn't get out to snorkle, so why not eat all day???

M & M you can great cheap meals in town from the vendors & food stands by the beach at Central Park.

Hey redheada, I'm with you, I also ate my way around the Island & am still having withdrawl not having that awesome fresh fish everyday.I've only been back about 15 days & am wondering when it will go away. My wife hates me when we eat as I am one of those people who goes away & comes back home the same weight.

I don't know about anyone else but we eat all our meals out as we don't go away to cook.The next time I go though I am going to buy fish right off the fishermen on the beach & get a local cook to show me how to cook some of that great fish.We stayed at Aqua Marina Suites & one day a fisherman gave us 3 beautiful whole Snappers. The cook at Aqua did it up for us at lunch time & provided other things to go with it.Of course you pay & tip them as if it was a regular meal that they prepared off the menu. We ate that fish only a few hours after it was caught,fantastic!!

capt jeff, the one thing we missed was one of those great beach BBQ'S on the fishing trips,because of the weather.I know it doesn't get any fresher than that.Next trip I will for sure book capt Bicho.

#82794 03/23/04 12:28 PM
Lan Sluder's very informative page gives one a good idea of what meals will cost at many of his reccomended spots country-wide check it out:

http://www.belizefirst.com/bfrestrec.html

p.s. Lan, thanks for calling (in other posts) Casa Picasso a moderately priced spot, I agree!
Chris

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.