Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#82839 03/24/04 12:41 PM
D
DoubleE Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I need a little help with some Tarpon/Bone fishing guides/prices. I understand from my trip down to San Pedro last week that the Tarpon are in during August. I would like to try for the special Three---Tarpon/Bone and Permit. Looking at the middle of August. Any info would be nice. Also will be looking for rooms for one on a budget. Do you know if this is a busy season? Thanks in advance for all your help.

#82840 03/24/04 01:15 PM
Double E...read your trip report...sounds as if you were a wee bit disappointed, as far as the fishing went. Sorry to hear that. We're leaving for first visit in 11 more days and my husband like yourself, is looking to hook the Special Three as you call it. Through research we have booked Severo as a guide who comes highly recommended from the board (Angelo more specifically who I'm sure is going to respond to this thread) You can reach Severo at [email protected] This guide apparently will instruct you on which flies work best and what to bring...most of which my husband has either made himself of getting on e-bay. Hope this helps you out with you question and we will let you know for sure how the fishing goes with Severo when we return...Goody

#82841 03/24/04 03:11 PM
D
DoubleE Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Goody, No Disappointment!!! Ever take Kids fishing when you love to fish--- You do not get to fish to much. I will use Bicho' every time I have a chance to go. Sometimes the fish just do not bite as much as others. We did catch fish and I did catch three Nice Baracudas. Wow these are great to Haul in! My posting was after about 3 hours of sleep and should have waited, was very Tired. Enjoy your stay, I am already making plans to return.

#82842 03/24/04 03:20 PM
Double E...yes I truly do understand...about the kids & fishing and sometimes the wife may be a problem too. We'll have 2 kids with us as well and that's why we booked 2 trips with Capt. Bicho...after our first I may let hubby go off alone and the flats fishing he'll be going alone...I realize it's his dream to catch the Special Three & would like to play a part in letting that dream come true...even if it means sending him out alone. Look forward to more info you have to share from your trip as we make plans for our first visit in Just 11 more days laugh ...Goody

#82843 03/24/04 05:27 PM
Just got back from another GREAT trip to Belize. Fished with Bicho with 6 kids eek and we all had a blast! (and caught fish too!!!)

#82844 03/24/04 05:39 PM
barbara how was your trip with bicho know the weather was a little windy ??did the kids have fun ,how was the food on the bbq ????with capt .. bicho

Living The Dream Every Day!
#82845 03/24/04 06:34 PM
The weather was a bit windy the day we went. Trip was great. Short but sweet (6 kids you know wink ). Fished mostly on the back side. Caught 15-20 yellow tail snappers in an hour. Saw a large barracuda but couldn't get it. The BBQ'd product was excellent! Kids left the picnic spot and raided the "water toys" at Caribe Island Inn. My 6 yr old, the reason for the trip, caught the first fish and he was ecstatic for the rest of the day!! Thanks for the tip! Never fished in Belize before in my many trips over the years. I'll add Bicho to my list of recommended fishing guides. Very fun day!

#82846 03/24/04 06:39 PM
D
DoubleE Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Bicho is great with the kids!! As well as Adults! He has to be the best or at least one of the top cooks/Chef's on the Island. I too would not hesitate to tell everyone that Bicho is Top of the Heap! #1. He knows where the fish are and how to fish for the weater. The best day we had as far as weater was, we were snorkling. With who else of course. You can not go wrong with Bicho.

#82847 03/24/04 07:08 PM
We really can't wait for our 2 days we have booked with Capt. Bicho laugh I believe I once read on this board that he was a chef before he was a fisherman...great idea for him to combine the two things we all love to do...eat & fish smile And from what's described...it's the two things he loves to do most too wink

#82848 03/24/04 09:57 PM
DoubleE,

I am also targeting the Grand Slam(on fly). I do have quite a bit of information that I've been collecting over the past year of research on these three species, and specifically at this fishery. I've had several locations in mind prior to last summer, but Belize became my top choice for its great diversity in species alone.

Below is a link to one of many good articles that I've found over the past year that will help reinforce the notion that Belize, and more specifically Ambergris Caye, is one of only few places on earth that host "resident" Tarpon (year-round fish). Although the cows (#130+) you may be referring to are probably at their peak in late summer and early fall, there should be no shortage of mid-sized Tarpon all year long be on the flats, in the mangroves, or backwater. The key thing is finding the sweet spot for all three species if you are indeed focusing on all three.

Remember, the best source of information is your guide, regardless of where you intend on fishing. Ask plenty of questions, and then ask some more.

http://www.elpescador.com/article1.html

Angelo
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.