Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#83099 03/28/04 11:49 PM
OP Offline
Heads - Ambergris Caye

Tails - Placencia

nooo .... tails Placenia and heads .... aghhhh ..... help!

Don't know how easy it is to answer this one, but here goes:

My husband and I are making our first trip to Belize, either the last week in April or the first week in May. He's an United Methodist Pastor and really needs (did I happen to mention that he REALLY REALLY needs) some serious R&R time after Easter. We just can't decide the "where to kick our shoes off" ... Ambergris Caye or Placenia? At this point I have way too many "favorites" book marked.

We need (notice the "need" is a "need" and not merely a "want") something a little private, with a restaurant (saw some nice condos - but I don't wanna have to think about what to cook for supper confused ). And and and ... how about something "On the beach" - and since we haven't seen the sun in months here in Ohio, a couple of palm trees for shade the first couple of days would be a nice touch. Ok .... anyone up for this challenge? Heads ot tails ????

Many thanks in advance
Mary

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
#83100 03/29/04 12:01 AM
Mary.......go to General Chat and read a new report.......Mpls Star Trib: Becalmed in Belize.

That will help you to decide.

Dare To Deviate
#83101 03/29/04 08:07 AM
Hey Offline
pocket the coin and go to Caye Caulker!

Hey!
#83102 03/29/04 08:41 AM
J
J
We recently spent a week in Belize and spent three nights in Placencia and four nights in San Pedro. Not as relaxing as staying in one place all week, but pretty easy getting from one place to another. We left Placencia mid morning and were in San Pedro at noon. None of the hassles flying around in Belize that there are in the States.

While in Placencia we had a small cabin on the beach, at a place called Las Amigas. Only two cabins, very quiet, very clean. Short walk to several restaurants. Loved it. In San Pedro we stayed at Belizean Reef, lovely condo, right on the beach. Can't say enough nice things about it. Only downside, is that it doesn't have a pool.

Jean

#83103 03/29/04 10:12 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for your thoughts folks. I read "Becalmed in Belize" as the morning coffee began to clear away the cobwebs .... surfed ovah to(that's my Maine accent sneaking through)Caye Caulker (more bookmarking of favorites!!!) .... and ended up with my bowl of corn flakes at Las Amigas. Liked the "awayness" of Las Amigas, but since we don't get away much, think I want something just a tad bit more "special" and am sure we could find that in Placencia. I had already bookmarked Belizean Reef .... hmmmm ... gonna need more coins!

Thanks again all

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.