Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
For those of you who have been to Banana Beach...as it stands now we are starting out on a 3rd floor courtyard for 6 days & then moving on to a 3rd floor Deluxe Oceanfront. I have some back problems and osteo in the knees...was debating whether to make a request to start out on first level so as not to be hurting by the time we get to the "room with the view" wink What are your thoughts...how much stair climbing are we talking about?...thanks agian...Goody

P.S. I just wanna return being able to jump again for you all on this board laugh laugh

In the spirit of message board helping I have entered into my computer the known factors in this equation. That being you will be on the third floor. Now if you can provide me with the number of times you plan on going to and from your room, I will calculate the times you will be climbing three flights of stairs. I hope this will be helpfull. laugh

OP Offline
Bywarren...I have learned from your reponses as well as posts on this board that you are clearly a smart as well as witty guy laugh

To answer your question and allow for your precise calculations...that would all depend on the variables...how many belikins I need to fetch, left behind items that need retreival and of course those bathroom breaks one must take wink That is the variable that I'm most concerned about...the others I can send the strong teens & hubby to take care of ...however when nature calls I will be all on my own and that too will all depend on the variable of how many Belikin's are consumed wink So...on a more serious note, all kidding aside, I believe the only bathrroom will be in my room...unless anyone who has stayed there can provide further information which will allow me to keep things as they stand confused Looking forward to your computerized calculations...bywarren wink

There is a bathroom in the restaurant (first floor). Not sure if there is one in the lobby but I don't think so. There is also an outside entrance bathroom directly next door at Mata Rocks - probably closer to the beach than the restaurant one at BB (and better if you are sandy, etc!)

As to the issue of bathroom at Banana Beach there is one in the office at the front desk. No problem using it. Belikins right accross the street for $4blz so no need to go upstairs. Our 1st 3days there we were on 2nd floor. next 4 days courtyard at end of pool. Last night 3rd floor ocean front north corner. That was a great room but the stairs were a little much for this 60yr old. Plan on making many trips for the belikins they go down easy and fast. The long necks must be only 6 or 7 oz. and the little extra lights are only 3oz. Go have fun and live the dream.

I am afraid the number of variables you are putting into this equation would require me to upgrade my computers capabilities in order to make the necessary calculations to give you an answer that would factor in all of the both known and estimated values. Now as to your revised question as to if Banana Beach has bath rooms other than in your room, the answer is yes. You do not need to limit your intake of Belikin for fear of the necessity of climbing three flights of stairs. smile

Enjoy your vacation. And if I can be of any further help, feel free to ask or look me up when you are here. I always enjoy conversing and meeting people with a sense of humor. cool

OP Offline
Thanks all laugh I think I'll stick with the plan of 3rd floor accommodations...when it comes time to move I would think it might be easier, that is of course if it's in the same building. It's probably best to make a determination upon arrival...just thought people having stayed there would know where things are in relation to one another. Appreciate the bathroom locations...will save on time trying to seek one out when the time arrives laugh laugh laugh

The courtyard suites and dlx ocf suites are in the same building.

OP Offline
Thanks again, Barbara...think we'll stick with the assignment...dragging all our things down 3 flights of stairs would be the greater of two evils wink

goody...

we wondered about climbing stairs too...but found that it's really an easy climb...a very pretty walk up too...it was never an issue ...but we didn't go to and from our room very much...sat out on the beach in the morning after breakfast...but spent most of our days out and about...so only had to go up those stairs a few times each day. there's really so much more to see and do that spending the whole day just hanging out in front of the hotel didn't seem like a good use of time...tho, we didn't rush about either. make sure you walk the beach to town at least once or twice...it's a lovely walk.

the courtyard suites are only steps away from ocean front views...same building...you'll pass them on your way to the oceanfront suites...AND...when it's time to make the move, you can just pack your bags and have hotel staff move everything for you...if you are going to be out during the day while the NEW room is being vacated and cleaned up for you...otherwise, you can easily make the move yourself...in minutes.

that was our experience...we moved from a second floor suite to the third floor...and just left our bags packed by the door...came back later in the day to find everything in our new room...they are very accomodating!

you'll love the ocean view suites!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.