Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#83558 04/02/04 02:25 PM
OP Offline
Okay, here it is...the silliest first-timer question. At Altun Ha is it okay to wear sandals or are lightweight hiking shoes/boots recommended.

shoes are better

OP Offline
I'm assuming that I'll only need those shoes for the Altun Ha trip if I'm spending the rest of the week on AC (hoping, hoping)? How about the bumming-around San Pedro time? Shoes then (trying so hard to pack lite)? Leaving a week from tomorrow-will I need to bring my own vodka & gin? Or can I get good booze in San Pedro? I've read that Casa Picasso has good martinis but we're renting a house & still want to prepare for those late evening (or early morning) "nightcaps". Ya know, it's only because I can justify the "good stuff" while on vacation laugh Thanks for the info!

In my opinion, sandals are fine for a trip to Altun Ha. There's really no hiking involved, and Altun Ha is mostly like a grassy backyard.

In fact, I know folks who have spent months in Belize, even in the bush, and have worn nothing but Tevas.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
..................indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lan - not sure I'm ready for running into folks in the bush wearing nothing but Tevas... laugh

IMHO Don't bother packing the hiking boots for Altun Ha. I managed very well with Merrell sandals and Irm wore OP sandals. Not really any jungle hiking involved. On the island flip flops or sandals work just fine. Have a great trip! mobunny cool

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.