Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
blutang Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in July at Ambergris caye?

How hot?

How humid? Do you have trade winds?

Are there a billion mosquitoes/flies?

How is the ocean? Mostly calm, choppy, rough?

Thanks
laugh

B
B
I've been there in mid-July the last 2 years. The first year, there was one day where it rained on and off, but the rest of the week was dry. It was warm and humid, but not too bad. It seemed hotter back home. There was a breeze, but the seas weren't too choppy. Last year, for the first two days, there was no wind so it was quite hot and muggy, with alot of mosquitoes. There was a tropical storm just off shore. The storm passed to the north, the breeze picked up and the weather was then similar to what I experienced the first year. There was one day where it rained a couple times.

B
blutang Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for your comments. I can't decide if I can put up with the bugs or not. I need more info on the Sunbreeze Beach Hotel to help with my decision. It got good ratings in Scuba Diving mag.

G
G
Don't worry about the bugs if you are staying in town (like at Sunbreeze); you won't see any/feel any. Mosquitoes are really only noticeable if you go farther north and more on the lagoon side, and occasionally right at dusk when they have a feeding frenzy for about a half hr. Most of the time, there is a breeze coming off the ocean anyway. I've experienced far more bugs/bug BITES when I was on the mainland than I ever have on AC. laugh

Blutang...surprised you did not ask about Blue Tang. Just my thought..for fun.

SunBreeze is my favorite, LOCATION. I can hop off Tropic Air, literally wheel my luggage across the street and check in. Nah airstrip noise is not a problem.

Restaurants, Cafe Ole out front on one side and Tropical on the other. Then Blue Water Grill and nice bar on the beachside. B C's BBQ Sunday just steps south on the beach. All Town shops bars clubs and more restaurants are an easy walk, even for me.

Snorkeling with Enrique at AguaDives on site, is my pick, because I am a baby in the water, and he takes care of me, literally towing me sometimes.

The sand courtyard at SunBreeze is really wide, and foot traffic is not at your door all the time. Pool is great, sunbathe on deck or on the sand. Great upper deck for gazing, from a hammock.
Staff is great, but they leave you allow.

Dare To Deviate
Sunbreeze is great - and Chloe, you should see the new renovations. Fab!

Yes, Barb, I noted that in your trip report, and thought, can't wait to enjoy the renovations at SunBreeze, Can't travel just now, or I would have already been there to see and enjoy.

Dare To Deviate
B
blutang Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks to govikes and Chloe's comments about my upcoming July visit. They put me more at ease.

I've so-o-o missed diving and warmth this winter, I'm looking forward to relaxation and staring at the water with a warm breeze on my skin.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.