Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
OP Offline
B
I have read your posts and have found them VERY helpful but I haven't seen anything on privately rented homes. I am renting a private home that says it is on Banana Beach. It can be found on the web at www.vrbo.com/36228 . I was wondering if anyone knew where this is and if anyone has a good map of the area. We have never been there and are trying to learn everything we can before we leave in June. All the pictures that have been posted are great!

Here's a link to map avaiable on this site. thewre are otherts too. Spend some time exploring this site. There is alot more than just the board.

I saw nothing on your VRBO listing that indicated it was near, not on Banana Beach (the name of a hotel, not the name of a beach) so I assume you got that from the owner. If it where I think it is, you will be south of Bananaa Beach a short distance.

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
K
K
Who can tell me exactly where this house is?

P&J Offline
//www.ambergriscaye.com/villadelsol/

stayed here for our honeymoon, it was fabulous

P
P
Since the picture of Great Blue Hole is actually a small swimming pool (which I hope isn't an hour boat ride away) there is a possibility of a cock up on the pics for the web site. I don't recognise the house, but that doesn't mean it isn't here. I would however like to know which boat they use to get to the Blue Hole in at 50mph hour; unless it is to the pool after all!

OH my god. I have seen it all now.

http://www.vrbo.com/36228 does not refer to any beachfront property on Ambergris Caye that I am aware of. I have never seen this property on the island. Furthermore, they are using my Blue Hole photo without my permission. I have never charged anyone for using the photo, all I normally ask is a photo credit.

Now, in this case, I would NOT grant permission for the photo as most of the ad. is total bollocks (or "crap" as you would say in the USA).

Here is why:

1. The property in question pictured almost certainly does not exist on Ambergris Caye.

2. There is no way that the Blue Hole is only "about an hour away from the house by boat.." if it (the house) is on Ambergris Caye...although I can't help noticing that the words "Blue Hole" on the web site in question are actually "blue hole" ....no capitals, therefore no
falsehood committed. Very sneaky.

3. I know of no "Capt. Pedro." especially for $25US per day.

4. Another little thing I found on this web page was: "Included in the rate is the Government tax and service charge. Please be aware that other rates found at many accommodation properties in Belize may not include these and can add an additional 15%-25% to your final bill." which is a bloody outrage. PEOPLE, DO NOT BOOK this particular property, it is a scam.

A careful look at the text of this web site will reveal an almost generic description of any fantasy Caribbean island with luxury accommodations thrown in. The fact that the property in question does not exist should not stop you booking if you're a dumb s**t.

Well now, if this indeed a scam, vbro.con should be advised. I know their policy is to deal only with upfront, respectable, responsible individuals.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
klcman, don't you mean "vbro.COM"?????? Somehow your mis-type seems appropriate!

and klcman, I have informed the webmaster at www.vrbo.com of this advertiser.

I looked over the above and re-read the statement about the 15-25%... and I think what they are saying is that when the rates are quoted without the tax and service charge... not to be shocked when it is added at the end... I know of several places that purposely do not add in the service charge and gratuity until the end.

Personally, when I was involved I would always include the service charge and the tax, and say so at the end... "you rate comes to $$ WITH all taxes and gratuities included. The owners hated when I did that... I just tried to be as honest as possible with the customers.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.