Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#83830 04/06/04 07:17 PM
OP Offline
We are staying at Costa Maya Resort, May 5-8th and then on to other places, in -town?/, Caye Caulker?, for a few days til we leave on the 20th.

I want to do a bunch of diving and noticed that Belize Academy of Diving is located at CMR. Has anyone dived with them and are they good? I have heard that Amigos de Mar is one of the best but since BAD is right at our resort and if they are well thought of, then I would like to dive with them.

We need some input from the "experiences ones".

Also, some advice on the last nite on AC. Our plane leaves at 10:15AM on the 20th. Do we have enough time at AC to make this flight or should we stay the last nite in Belize City?

#83831 04/06/04 07:23 PM
Answer to last question: Tropic begins flying at 6AM, every hour on the hour so just stop there on your way home from barhopping wink and catch the next flight over.......only 17 minute flight so you can still leave at 8AM and be fine.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#83832 04/07/04 01:37 AM
We're staying at Brianna's Beach House from May 8-16 and only one of us is a diver. I'm planning to use Amigos del Mar for most, if not all, of my dives... would love to buddy up w/a boarder if you're interested. laugh

#83833 04/07/04 06:32 AM
Take the 6AM flight on Tropic and you will have more than enough time in the airport. Why leave paradise before you really have to leave. Stay your last night... enjoy it as much as you can.

#83834 04/07/04 07:26 AM
J
J
Scubalover, We stayed at Aqua Marina,a 5-10min walk from Brianna's Beach House. Is that the Blue & Yellow cottage on the beach? That's a great spot,nice & quiet, yet so close to town.I like to be close to the eating establishments & there are lots in town. Sad!! Sad!! A month ago today we left San Pedro.

#83835 04/07/04 09:09 AM
Jack&Rose... yes, the very same place. It looked so adorable on the web that I just couldn't resist! There's no pool, but when there's an ocean out your front door, who needs a pool? laugh
You left there a month today frown ... we'll be there in a month! smile

#83836 04/07/04 11:00 AM
J
J
Scubalover, I took photos of the beach house it looked so nice. The beach in that area is better than other areas,as you know AC is not known for big expansive beaches,but offers so much else.Step out beyond the little white fence and you are on the beach. In the morning you can watch all the kid's go by on the way to the High School,which is to your left a few minutes.It's right on the beach!!! Also Wet Willy's bar is out on the pier right to the right of where you will be. Fun place... Make sure to walk to Estel's in the A.M. a few times for great breakfast right on the beach.

As to boat or plane from BC to AC. "TAKE THE PLANE" it's much faster & to me that's more time on the Island. If you go on tours or over to Caye Caulker, you'll have your boat rides. Sometimes that ride can be a bit rough.

#83837 04/07/04 11:46 AM
Scuba lover and Jack & Rose.
We are going to be staying at Brianna's Beach House at Christmas and New Year this year. It's great to hear what it's like. Thanks. It sounds so sweet! I know California Girl stayed there. Maybe she's reading this and could give us some more tips. Would my hubby and nine year old son be able to fish right outside in the sea off the little jetty? What a dream - can't wait to sit on the verandah in the evenings with a drink in my hand watching the world go by and them fishing!

#83838 04/07/04 12:22 PM
OP Offline
Scubalover,

I just might take you up on your offer to buddy up. I am a novice (just got certified last year) so if that's not a problem, plus I'm one of those old farts (60)but still in pretty good shape. We'll talk more as time gets closer. Sounds as though our place is quite a ways from SP.

I still didn't here about BAD. Does anyone have any experience with them? There are located at Cost Maya Reef Resort where we are staying.

#83839 04/07/04 12:27 PM
Taters&dab... I'd love to hook up. My hubby doesn't dive so I will be solo. I've got my advanced cert and working toward my divemaster, but don't mind taking things slow. That's how you see the best stuff! Am also planning a trip out to the Blue Hole w/Amigos. Looking forward to getting in the water laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.