Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#83864 04/07/04 08:07 AM
Mike G Offline OP
OP Offline
My lady and I are returning on April 30th for 6 days. We came down last November and stayed at Journey's End. This time we are staying in town at Blue Tang Inn and 2 of our diving friends are going with us on this trip. I have been reading this board since before the 1st trip and have gotten a wealth of information, (and sly humor) from it. I have a couple of unanswered questions> Let me know your thoughts.
1.) Is it permissable to bring and use the 2 way Walkie Talkies that operate on the FM Family Radio Service band in the US.
2.) If you only had one free day to do something other than diving or touring around town and wanted to something different or special, What would that be? For example, visit Caye Caulker? Go to the mainland? Suggestions please.

MikeG smile

I would suggest going to Caye Caulker. It's only a short boat ride away and you will get to see the total difference between the two cayes. Cost effective as well smile
Humor is good medicine smile

definitely take a day trip to caye caulker!

bring swim suits & snorkel gear if you like...and check out the great "split" area for an afternoon...water is great there...

good place to check out shops too...nice variety of places to pick up souvenirs and prices are somewhat cheaper than AC...

some good restaurants too...

you'll enjoy the day there!

J
J
Without a doubt, Caye Caulker,have a great lunch at Rasta Pasta right on the beach. The day we were there it was hot & after walking a few blocks we rented a golf cart for a few hours. It enabled us to see a lot more,spend a little more time at lunch. Like Mikell said, go swimming & snorkle at the "split".

I'd like to spend 1 or 2 days there on a return trip.

I stayed at Aqua Marina, close to Blue Tang. I think you'll enjoy being close to town.Lot's of things to do & a great variety of places to eat.

Enjoy

S
S
You asked: "1.) Is it permissable to bring and use the 2 way Walkie Talkies that operate on the FM Family Radio Service band in the US?"
Don't ask- you'll just confuse 'em.
Better to beg forgivness than to beg permission.

KBG Offline
Mike,
Take the radio's, they work well on SP due to little interference. Last year at customs I was ask about them and I told them kids walkie talkies and they said OK. GO SOON AND ENJOY. KBG laugh

I would suggest going to the mainland for your day trip. Caya Caulker is nice but basically just more of the same beach experience you will have on AC. Go to the jungle, man! Ruins, caves, waterfalls, hiking, wildlife, etc. Lots more to Belize than just beaches and bars!

I definitely agree with Barbara K....she knows what she's talking about!
Mainland Belize has a myriad of WONDERFUL things to do...anything she has suggested is worth seeing and doing. Yes, Caye Caulker is beautiful, but again...beaches and sand....NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH BEACHES AND SAND!
BUT...
When you go to the mainland you'll see many other sides of this wonderful country and your next trip you will have a difficult time deciding where you want to spend your time.

MikeG is looking for suggestions for ONLY one day. We ran with one, offer them more.

If I had suggested mainland, I don't quite know what they would want to do. I would agree to the mainland as well. What does your group like to do, MikeG ?

Even Ac and CC are not all about beaches and bars. Many shop owners would tell you that.

Boat rides are always nice, just go on a pleasant ride to the mainland with the water taxi. If you don't want to do anything specific there, turn around and ride back. Many people take pleasure in nice ride as well smile

Mike G Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, If our group went to the mainland, I don't think old ruins would be an attraction for us. However, seeing any unique native animals or natural wonders would be appealing. The cave tubing sounds interesting, or maybe a zoo trip. A jungle or highlands trip would be interesting but probably not practical for a one day trip from San Pedro, I presume. Again, I welcome suggestions from those with experience on these possibilities.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.