Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#84203 04/11/04 02:47 PM
OP Offline
whoooo-ieee ... "seanery" .... good one!

laugh

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
#84204 04/11/04 02:53 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by klcman:
if the scenery be above, you're upside down!
how about "upseadown"

:rolleyes:

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
#84205 04/11/04 02:59 PM
good one upseadown

simply snorkling rule......bottomsup!

Dare To Deviate
#84206 04/11/04 03:05 PM
bottoms up and apply sun block to a$$.. smile

Have you ever thought what the sean is, to the fish, when they look UP laugh

Pass the Jelly Beans wink

#84207 04/11/04 03:10 PM
OP Offline
was a tad bit confused about the "bottoms up" ... as in mine or the seanery, tanks NYgirl, that helped!

*passes jelly bean bowl*

laugh

#84208 04/11/04 03:14 PM
Very acceptable while snorkeling to show your BUTT!

Dare To Deviate
#84209 04/11/04 03:17 PM
OP Offline
But but but ... my mamma always said ....

black jelly beans, pu-gars ... ickky puie!

laugh

#84210 04/11/04 07:12 PM
awty...

i know you've seen the pictures of me snorkeling and you probably think i'm experienced...but the first time i ever tried it was last winter in jamaica...and i was hooked! i grew up with a fear of the water and never learned to swim until i was older and never very well. i cannot dive, swim underwater or even jump into the water without holding my nose!

when my "waterbaby" husband suggested snorkeling last vacation, the thought did not appeal to me immediately. the only reason i agreed was that the water was warm and i could wear a vest. i made him take me to the swimming pool with our gear to teach me before i would even go in the sea. it was pretty comical and i was more than a little embarassed to have anyone watching me practice...but i gathered up my nerve and after a few instructions, i waded into the pool, adjusted the mask and snorkel and started to float face down. it took me less than 15 seconds to get the hang of it. i stood up after a minute or so and said..."OK...i can do this...let's go!"

once in the ocean, i was a little less confident, but it only took a few more minutes to start to relax and enjoy myself. it was so amazing to me...like discovering a new world i didn't know existed...it was awesome! i came up smiling and laughing and excited...over and over...and i couldn't get enough of seeing what i was seeing.

if you aren't a strong swimmer, you might want to invest in an inflatable vest. i got one this year and it was wonderful for me...just the extra security made the experience so much more enjoyable. i've also been able to snorkel without a vest for brief periods...i can float really well...but still prefer a vest, especially when the water is choppy or i know i'm going to be out for awhile.

a very good place to practice is at ramon's pier. you can step down into the water from the dock there. the water is clear and inviting and you are in a protected area. a friend of mine tried snorkeling there for her very first time when we were there...it took her several minutes to get into it...but she ended up having the time of her life too!

one more bit of advice...invest in your own snorkel and mask. get one that fits well and feels comfortable...and get a "dry" snorkel. you won't be sorry...and you WILL use it many more times!!

can't wait to hear all about your first time!!

#84211 04/11/04 07:18 PM
Wear a t-shirt too. It is easy to get sunburned.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#84212 04/11/04 07:22 PM
This year I was a bouyant butt, fancy colored tube and no fins....you're gonna love it smile

I never thought of a vest until I heard of these gals, butt smile I made out real well without one.
Sea water wants you on the top, looking down.

For the most part, you can stand in the water wink

Think of yourself as the momma fish, lookin for those three baby fishies that swam and swam..... laugh

Yellow beans, please smile

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.