Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Well, 6 more long days until we get to "live the dream" !! We get in next Sunday afternoon (4/18), anyone else there next week ?? I want to thank everyone on this board for all of the great information. As others have said I feel like I have already been there with all of the pictures and trip reports. But nothing will be like experiencing it first hand.
Now for the questions:
1. What time is sunset?
2. I am hoping to arrange a snorkel trip to Mexico Rocks for our first morning. What should I expect in terms of what time we would leave and return for a 1/2 day morning trip? We were hoping to have some "explore" time in the afternoon, and possibly catch sunset on the other side of the island.
3. We are planning to spend a day out on Cay Caulker, by taking an early water taxi will we be able to arrange a snorkel trip to hol chan and shark/ray alley once we get there? I have heard that it is best to hit shark/ray alley early so that the sharks aren't already scared away - is this true also?
4. For our first evening on AC I would like to have a nice dinner on the beach ?? (The BC BBQ sounded fun but it will be over by the time we get settled in)
I have a must do list, just hope our week allows us to do it all, I know it will go by soooo fast!
And to top it off, there will be cold Belikins in the fridge when we get there !!
Thanks Again,
Ray & Phyllis in Wisconsin

Intellicast gives you sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset and forcast all in one nice place. Here is the link for Belize City:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/In...st&product=Forecast&prodnav=none

depending on where you are staying...try the blue water grill (next door to BC's BBQ) for your first evening meal on the beach. the atmosphere is really great...get there early (think they open around 6 for dinner) and get a table on the beach side of their patio. the food and service are both first class and you'll love looking out to sea while you dine.

with a morning snorkel trip to mexico rocks, you will be back in plenty of time to have the afternoon free. we went to shark ray alley/hol chan twice in the afternoon...always plenty of friendly sharks to swim with.

If you leave San Pedro on the 8 a.m. water taxi you'll arrive on Caye Caulker at about 8:30. Most snorkel trips leave about 9-9:30.

I can only comment on the Mexico Rocks snorkel trip and Caye Caulker

We've had some great mornings at Mexico Rocks and Tres Cocos with both 'lil Alphonse and Searious as guides. The best trip was with a guide from Searious, named Jeffery. At our first stop he did the typical guided tour of the area. On the next stop, we did a "drift" snorkel, where Jeffery let us explore on our own, swimming with the current parallel with the reef. He stayed in the boat and kept us in sight. That way we didn't have to do the circular tour. If you're comfortable enough in the water to kind of be on your own, it's a great time.

Now for Caye Caulker - why go all the way to Caulker to go to Hol Chan/Shark Ray? You can book those trips from San Pedro. We took the water taxi to Caulker and then wandered around to find a snorkel trip to go on. We selected "Johnny's Tours" and had a great time. Two stops and beautiful snorkeling. The second stop, however, was called Coral Gardens and the water was much deeper - say 15 to 20 feet. It is best enjoyed free diving down to the coral heads, so if that's not your style, it's maybe not your trip.

San Pedro is a magical place - not fancy, totally laid back and just about heaven. It only takes one time to become an AC-aholic.

Originally posted by Communik8r:
Intellicast gives you sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset and forcast all in one nice place. Here is the link for Belize City:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/In...st&product=Forecast&prodnav=none
Thanks for the link. I can see that in our very near future we can use that as our "count down" page. Was really surprised to see what time the sun sets though! Then again it comes up a whole lot earlier then Ohio too. Me thinks my inner clock is gonna be running amuck.

eek

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
they don't do daylight savings time, and it's the sunrises that are gonna grab ya anyways. Wake up early! Have a great time.

Been practicing already ....

just as the first rays start
to break the horizon at 5:30AM ....

YAWWWWWNNNN .... ZZZZZzzzzz

ooops .... ohhhhh ahhhh BEAUTIFUL!

:rolleyes:

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.