Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#84511 04/16/04 09:20 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Last year I got a $400 on orbitz (Continental) from NYC to Belize. Right now the flights are staying at $600-- do you think I should wait it out a little while? I would , but I am leaving June 12th and this time last year I had alreay purchased. Any thoughts? Thanks........

Check out usair.

yeah definately check out usair. They are running around $400-480 that's from Boston. Good Luck

Check out hotwire.com

As stated US Air has some great rates leaving from LGA. I booked for a flight in April a little over a month in advance and paid ~ $ 500. With less than a month to go the fare came down to just over $ 400 with all taxes and fees.

J
J
Yes give US AIR a try. We have had good luck with them. Sometimes they come out with cheap fares only available for a few days with limited seats.
These were for Cozumel,but they sometimes have them to Belize.

Also anyone who is a member of RCI timeshare go directly through them. We went to AC in Feb for
around $480 including taxes.

I
I
I also took US Air back in February. Searched from September - January and could find no lower fare. Sometimes it appears that other websites have lower fares for US Air than the US Air site has itself. I did find that with enough searching and options on the US Air site that you could get even cheaper than any of the other places.....General consesus appears to be US Air, but watch for a price drop. I have seen American fares from Chicago in the $00 range, US Air seems to follow along and drop fares also. Good Luck...

I have always had my best luck when booking +- 30 days and sometimes even inside of 21. Most I have EVER paid out of the NorthEast is about $475 for travel dates Jan/Feb/Mar.

Don't book directly on Orbitz... at least right away). They are controlled by the big boys and don't alwass have the best fares. I usually use them/Travelocity/Expedia(yucckk) and all the other engines as a guide. Then when I think I have it narrowed down, go check out the airlines own sites. 95% of the time, they are cheaper ( and no svc chgs) and you will get your FF miles,which on some booking sites, you will not.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
I
I
Oh, Sorry, missed the entire point of my last post. The number should have been the $400 range, not $00.

J
J
try expedia, typically it has lower fares, keep in mind thanks to georgie baby and his cousin prince bandar, oil prices are not going down hence fuel is not going down so the airlines are having just as tough a time at the pumps as you and i,,don't wait too long or u might see those prices go higher as the travel season gets into high gear!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.