Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#84522 04/16/04 11:31 AM
lolamae Offline OP
OP Offline
My husband and I are planning a trip to AC this July. I've been searching all the accomodations and find myself at a lost as to where to stay. At first I thought staying in a cabana was important to me, but now I think having a kitchen is important. I know I definately want a pool and it would be nice to be able to order drinks while lounging around. Oh, I definately want an ocean view. I have been looking at the following places:
Capricorn Resort, Belizean Shores, Paradise Resort Hotel, Costa Maya Reef Resort, Salamander Hideaway, Caribe Island Resort and The Palms

I would love to hear any input anybody may have regarding these or other possibilities. I would like to stay in the range of $100-150/night.

Thanks alot!!!!

#84523 04/16/04 11:39 AM
Caribe Island would fit the bill without breaking the budget. We were there in March and it was great. Should fit your price range, a bit of a walk to town, but bikes work great. Bug free, we couldn't believe it. If nothing else, regardless of where you choose, do go to Caribe and try the restaurant.

#84524 04/16/04 11:52 AM
the first thing you must pick is location north or south as the island is cut in two .some like north for seclusion relaxing ,out of the way resorts ,others like the best of both staying south away or near or close or in town your choice .. and there are great ones that have both quiet places to to do nothing or very busy places with lots of activities but the big avantage is no boat ride to go any place!!!! you go at any time of the day .or night just walk ,bike .golf cart or taxi no restirictions ,, this board will share both pro and con north or south , as for me capt jeff I go each month to fish ,relax and eat great food , I like to be around everything so I go south..but what ever you pick july prices will be great.. look around see what floats your boat . go live the dream and enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
#84525 04/16/04 12:02 PM
lolamae Offline OP
OP Offline
I just want to be able to get to town by foot or bike. I don't want to have to relie on water taxis. If I stay in the north, is it easy to get across the river? How late in the night does the hand ferry operate?

#84526 04/16/04 12:38 PM
G
G
lolamea, if you've never been to AC before, you may want to think about staying someplace closer to town. Sunbreeze comes to mind, pool, beach bar, nice view, restaurant on site and you can walk right across the street from the airport (and no you will NOT be hearing planes while you're staying there). Very easy to explore around town and check out the shops, restaurants, bars, etc. I've stayed there several times, the staff is very helpful and I always enjoyed lounging around the pool. The handferry operates til around 10-ish, I think???? Someone else chime in. There are alot of nice place north of the cut also, but if you don't know your way around, it will be easier to stay in town/or south for you. Lots of great places to stay/eat/party. If you don't please the customer, you don't stay in business long on the island! :p

#84527 04/16/04 01:36 PM
Check out Banana Beach. Two pools that are sheltered. Verry nice place to stay south of town. Go live the dream.

#84528 04/16/04 03:24 PM
Capricorn & Salamander and have no kitchens and no pool.
Capricorn is lovely and is an easy bike-ride to town.
Salamander is gorgeous and remote - this is for a real hide-a-way experience.
Belizean Shores has kitchens, pool, restaurant and is about 1/2 hour from town by bike.
The Palms has kitchen, pool and is "right there" in town. Great spot.
Caribe Island is also good - has both pool and kitchens. Also a fab restaurant and pretty beach. about 4 miles from town and I find hte site a wee bit crowded, but most folks love it.

#84529 04/16/04 03:55 PM
lolamae Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the responses. They are very helpful. Keep them coming!!

#84530 04/16/04 06:27 PM
check your email...i sent the link to the banana beach photos/AC trip report...should give you something to at least dream about....i still look at them from time to time...and cast my memory back...it was an awesome trip...you'll love AC!

#84531 04/16/04 06:39 PM
GO TO AMBERGRISCAYE.COM AT BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. GO TO LODGING AND THEN LOOK FOR THE MAP . THIS WILL GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF WHERE ALL THE HOTELS ARE. CHECK OUT THE PACKAGE DEALS FOR ALL THE HOTELS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN. YOU CAN SET UP ANY OUTSIDE TRIPS - DIVING,SNORKLE, FLY FISHING ECT.ECT.- THROUGH YOUR HOTEL. WE HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING THIS FOR 3 MONTHS AND HAVE DECIDED TO STAY AT VICTORIA HOUSE. 1.5 MILE SOUTH OF TOWN. AN EASY WALK OR BIKE RIDE.EX RESTURANT AND GREAT POOL. ENJOY.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.