Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#84939 04/22/04 09:54 AM
OP Offline
G'Morning
where to start with a long list of 1st timer questions ?
lets see ...headed to AC in Sept for a fishing fun in the sun honeymoon.
hows the weather in Sept ...hurricanes? rain?
mosquitos ?
and any opinions on Ramon's Village ?
I'll start with those 2 and work my way slowly up to the others.
many thanks for the insight and info.

#84940 04/22/04 10:55 AM
K
K
Vacation insurance might be a good idea that time of year. Never had a problem with mosquitos except for far south or north of town away from the beach. Use the search function for opinions of Ramons. Have never stayed there, but spent plenty of time at the bar. Fun place.

#84941 04/22/04 11:44 AM
R
R
Jettygirl,

Glad to here that you want to come here. Been living on the Island for about 8 months. Have found that the Mosquitos are BAD!!! Bring Off with DEET. They like early AM and early PM. Also the sand fleas are about too. Sept is still hot. Some rain too. Hope you enjoy!

rbj
#84942 04/22/04 01:29 PM
Hurricane season - get the insurance! Ramon's is great! Popular active place, nice beach, good location.

#84943 04/22/04 03:44 PM
IMHO Ramon's is a wonderful place. If you stay there spend the extra cash on a beachfront room. It's really worth it. Check out our pics if you want. Have fun no matter where you decide to stay. mobunny

http://www.unm.edu/~irmin/index_4.htm

#84944 04/22/04 03:56 PM
K
K
Hi Mobunny
We are staying at Ramon's from May 2nd through the 13th and have heard wonderful things about it and you have provided wonderful information. We can't wait--we are getting married there on May 6th. How is the food and beverage at Ramon's? Anything special that will be helpful?

#84945 04/22/04 04:35 PM
The drinks are fabulous and reasonable. I think they make the some of the best Rum Punch and Panty Rippers on the island. The friendly bar staff will serve you on the beach. Ask for Tony he is one of the bar staff - really nice guy. I have only eaten breakfast at the restaurant. Good food, great service, incredible view. From what I hear the lunch and dinner is okay to good however, you are so centrally located to so many fabulous places to eat it really doesn't matter. Are you going to be married on the beach or at the end of the pier? What a beautiful place to start off your life together. Have a wonderful time. mobunny cool

#84946 04/22/04 04:45 PM
K
K
Sounds yummy--can't wait to try the rum punch. We haven't decided yet but I am thinking we will get married at the end of the Pier if it isn't too windy. We've seen pictures of both locations and can't decide but it looks like they decorate the pier beautifully for the weddings. It will just be the two of us so we are going to decide location once we see everything I think.

#84947 04/22/04 04:55 PM
C
C
I assume you have investigated and arranged for the Belizean government's legalities as far as the marriage in country goes?

Our daughter is getting married in Belize in June, but in the San Pedro Catholic Church. We saw a wedding at the palapa at the end of Ramon's pier last November and it was very, very nice. Since you're obviously ready to spend a dollar or two on lodging and the ceremony (i.e Ramons) you might want to check out Victoria House for a comparison. they probably do the best wedding "package" arrangement on the island.

#84948 04/22/04 05:12 PM
K
K
Amy at Ramon's is coordinating everything for us as far as the license, paperwork, etc and we have been assured that everything is legal and all taken care of--so I don't think we need to worry too much (I hope). I was just wondering if there was anything special to be done once we returned. Oddly enough our government offices have told us that they don't really know which is a bit interesting. We checked out Victoria House too and it looked wonderful---we are just trying to stay in one area so we don't have to go far on the day of the BIG DAY. I am hoping it is all good to go once we get there. Tell your daughter congratulations!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.