Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Goody's back�needed some downtime from posting , between the pics and typing up reports that I lost before actually posting, the downtime was just what I needed. Speaking of downtime�.

After our long journey up to Costa Maya via golf cart�.we really needed some downtime in order to prepare ourselves for our upcoming fishing/snorkeling trips with Capt. Bicho!!! We spent the next few days just relaxing but still adding to the adventure of living the dream in paradise. Some of the things we did over the next few days were:

1. Golf carted south of Caribe�just to find lots of building going on. Tom seriously fell in love with a lot which was up for sale, the same one he landed his very first bonefish on, and like many�..wanted a little piece of this paradise to call his own. The bugs kicked in before we could dream on�and we headed back up north, and ended up (as many of you probably already guessed) back at Caribe Island. We grabbed a bite to eat at their wonderful restaurant and Tom & I snorkeled beneath the pier just south of the resort�.spotted angelfish, a barracuda, stingrays, needlefish, etc.

2. Had full day with Severo�Tom started out by catching 8 bonefish this time & returned just after lunchtime to take whole family out to Mexico Rocks & Tres Cocos�two fantastic places up north to snorkel!!! There were no other people at these sites (except for another couple who waved us on to see a nurse shark in a cave) and the coral & flora as well as the fish were absolutely beautiful!!! We saw trumpet fish, blue tang, squid, parrotfish, grouper etc

3. Met up with Angelo (who became Tom's fishing buddy for the week) as well as BnBelize and her wonderful family. We shared Tom's Blue Lagoon martinis as well as some good laughs.

4. Easter Sunday-Girls received Easter Bags rather than the customary baskets (saved room in the packing) They shared some of their goodies with Anna, our housekeeper who really made my vacation great by picking up after my girls & even doing the dishes. I am proud to post her pic in honor of her making my time at Banana Beach a success!!

https://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=817053951105&photoid=417573951105

https://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=817053951105&photoid=731883951105

We also met a local woman selling here handmade blankets & table runners. Ended up paying twice as much as in Cancun�but it was Easter & she was working and carrying all her wares upon her head�

https://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=817053951105&photoid=858473951105

Asked the girls how they wanted to celebrate Easter...and you guessed...back to Caribe Island for more of those Chocolate Monkeys aka Dirty Bananas & Dirty Monkeys. Thanks Caribe for making our Easter special!!

Good Eats

*Had ourselves some great Chinese food takeout from the place diagonally across from BB, believe it's called Emerald Garden 2. Doesn't appear to be much from the outside but the food was great as far as Chinese food goes...would highly recommend the sweet & sour chicken�$7.50US.

* Casa Picasso- returned this time bringing the kids & saving room for dessert. Kids claim that Fettuccine Alfredo is better than Olive Garden's!!! It was Good Friday, and Goody had the paella with it's abundance of shrimp, chicken & sausage over the moist saffron rice�sinfully delicious an even worth going to confession for!!! Saved room for dessert�and Chris was not lying when he said Jenn puts more into the desserts than the meals�had the Key Lime Pie�.yummmmmy and the Banana Picasso in caramelized rum�..mmmmmm fantastic!!! Had ourselves some martini's too, but not as many as last time since older daughter was keeping track!!! New it was our last meal here, since Chris & Jenn were heading to Miami for a week on Easter.

*BC's Sunday BBQ- This is a must�and do get there early like 2pm or so!!! The food is out of this world, reasonable and enough to have leftovers for dinner!!! Had the chicken/rib/sausage combo�deeeeeeeliciouso!!! Looked for Angelo & BnBelize here calling out their names but both pulled no shows. Their loss�.this was a fantastic meal which I put up there on the top of my list along with Casa Picasso, Capt. Bicho (still to come), and Carumbas. This was our Easter Sunday dinner and a terrific one as far as they go!!!

Not So Good Eats

If I could give you one good piece of advice in regard to eating in San Pedro�definitely go with the advice offered on this board. The only 2 times when we were disappointed is when deviated from the list I had made, going off on our own�.

� El Patio- should have known when no one else was there. Thought it was early, but knew later this was not the case. Food expensive and with no flavor. A disappointment as far as food goes.

� The Niche Rotisserie- nice enough looking place but this time I blame it on my husband's need of steak & potatoes. They had a filet mignon special for $25BZ and the saying you get what you pay for is really true!!! After we ate I swore it could've been one of the many wandering "perros" that we see in AC!!! Sorry, but this was not the USDA beef that I know and when it came under cooked, I could swear I heard it barking instead of mooing!!! And to top things off�on our way home we saw a dog carrying a bag in his mouth while walking down the street�.it looked like a doggy bag full of our leftovers�we got a good laugh out of that!!!! Of course the camera was back at the room.

Well, I know it's long as far as reports go�covered 4 days now and couldn't add Capt. Bicho here as well�.as far as that part of my trip report goes�it gets a page of it's own and an album of pics to go along with it. Get ready Capt. Jeff�Capt. Bicho's next!!!

goody...

it's never too long! love all the details...i could imagine every stop you made...and morsel you ate!

now i know why i stuck with the wonderful seadfood and passed up ALL beef while we were there... eek

Surprised to see a thumbs down on El Patio. We ate there twice in Feb and the food was very good. Oh, well, maybe you hit a bad day or our tastes vary. Keep up the reports.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I agree, must have been an off day at El Patio. It is usually very good!

OP Offline
Sorry Guys...everyone's palate is different...and you have to remember, this is after going to Casa Picasso, Carumba's and BC's BBQ!!! Difficult to match their food...so perhaps that's why the thumbs down as well as an off day!!!.....Goody

No pressure or anything - but I would sure would love to see your fishing report before I leave

OP Offline
Redhead...your wish is my command...just posted it....Goody

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.