Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85246 04/26/04 10:20 AM
OP Offline
It's my first day back from AC and I just want to post some random notes about my week in paradise. Until all the rum leaves my system, a full trip report will not be possible.

Food and Drink: I believe it is not possible to get a bad meal in San Pedro. The food is great everywhere. I enjoyed lunch at Mango's and Blue Water Grill. Dinners at leBistro were the best. I am now a big fan of Belizean rum....I drank enough One Barrel to float a kayak.

Lodging: I can't say enough about Portofino. A great resort with exceptional staff. I felt at home from day one.

Swimming with Sharks: I still can't believe I jumped into that mass of swarming sharks (Goes to show you just how good that rum is). This is something I would love to do again. I even got to pet a stingray!!

Fishing: The highlight of the week was the half-day fishing/beach BBQ/snorkeling with Charlie and Bicho Jr. I loved these guys. They showed us the best time and served up the best meal we had all week. I had never fished before and I caught 5 snappers!!

Meeting Pedro1: I recognized him the minute I saw him and heard the British accent. The fact that we were in a bar (Fido's) helped. Nice to meet you, Pedro1...hope you have a Happy Birthday and enjoy your stay in the Royal Orchid Suite as much as we did!!

There's so much more to say about my week in AC. But this is way too much work for me to do right now. It is so hard to return from a place like that...I'm so jealous of those who are on their way to Belize. Hope you love it as much as I did.

Cheers!!

#85247 04/26/04 10:28 AM
Snoopy...you really know how to bring us all bac to reality...the reality of how a little taste of paradise can really make one feel!!! Having returned just a week ago...I can certainly relate to that first day back. One thing that is helping me out...is writing up the trip reports...it's therapeutic in the sense of allowing you to relive the dream and at the very same time help others out!!!!

Get some rest...let the rum punch filter out of your system...and come back to us and share it all so we can live it all over again along with you laugh laugh laugh ....Goody

#85248 04/26/04 10:46 AM
OP Offline
Hi Goody....I wonder how long AC-withdrawl lasts? Maybe it would help to start planning our next trip to Belize? I'm obviously hooked on this place.

Even after all the rum wears off, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to find the words to describe how wonderful the week was for me. Can't wait to go back!!

Cheers,
Snoopy

#85249 04/26/04 10:53 AM
Hey snoopycat, when Goody and Tom buy that sweet little peice of heaven and build their dream home on it maybe she'll have sympathy for all of us sad little people stuck in the states and invite us to stay awhile.... Good idea eh Goody... Maybe by then Tom will be our fishing guide.. Goody will be our hostess... Tom makes a mean martini so he could double as our bartender too.... I'm getting soooooo excited......

#85250 04/26/04 11:27 AM
OP Offline
Great idea, BN. I'm just afraid that the next time I visit AC I won't be able to leave. Goody will have to adopt us or put us to work.

When do you leave for AC? I hope you have a great time....It would be awfully hard not to!!

#85251 04/26/04 12:38 PM
I just got back... can't change my name now because no one would know who I am! Such a dilemma, I guess I'll have to start planning my return so my name will still fit.

#85252 04/26/04 07:04 PM
hi snoopycat...so sorry to welcome you back! wink

let's see...you drank barrels of rum, swam with the sharks, fished with bicho....and...

met pedro!!

i'd say you did it all!!

laugh eek

#85253 04/27/04 05:53 PM
OP Offline
Hi Mikell,

I'd rather say that I didn't do it all....so I'll have to go back!!

Cheers!!

#85254 04/28/04 08:48 AM
snoopycat I am also glad you did the fishingsanpedro.com fishing thing and bbq feast with the famous capt bicho rivero ..,,told capt ..bicho what you said he said god bless, and thank you and to come back soon ..glad you lived the dream together with your husband , go enjoy life to the max ..

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.